Could I still eat treats

Options
I've got a sweet tooth and I like to eat out around twice a week. Can I still lose weight if I've had a mcdonalds burger (plain) no fries and chocolate? Is it just about coriental intake? ? I'm so confused with all these diets. I'm mentally a mess. I'm female almost 50 and almost 15 stones. I'm so confused.

Replies

• sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I mean ca lorient intake
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake. My phone is messing with me.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Yes - enjoying treats on occasion, within your calorie goal, will still mean you'll lose weight. You can eat fries if they fit - personally, I can't eat a burger without fries! You might prefer the chocolate afterwards though :)
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    you can eat whatever you want so long as the total calories you consume is less than the calories you need. Only in a calorie deficit (eating less than you need to maintain your weight) will you loose weight. Put your stats into MFP, select a suitable weight loss goal and eat the calories it tells you too. Weigh yourself and after a month tweak up or down depending on how your weight loss is going.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Yes you could eat McDonalds etc and lose - we can lose weight eating anything as long as we eat less calories than we burn. But a lot of calorie dense foods simply do not fill us up. So if you want to lose weight and not feel hungry then other nutrient rich foods will hit the spot better.
  • Snrussell09
    Snrussell09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Of course, technically you can eat whatever you want if it fits under your calorie goal. I eat pretty much what I want as long as it fits. Obviously you can't do it all day every day or it won't fit but you can make it work.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Just focus on the basics.

Set a reasonable calorie goal and use that as your guide. Fill those calories with whatever foods you like/want that will help you stick to that goal. It may take some trial and error as you figure out what satisfies your sweet tooth vs what keeps you full vs whatever else, but that's almost everyone's first step.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You can definitely still have your sweets. I've lost 97 lbs and I eat a chocolate fudge bar every night. I just fit it into my calorie goals.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    What you eat is the key to nutrition and satiation (ie how full you feel). How much you eat is key to weight loss or gain. That’s not to say that you should completely ignore one in favor of the other, but I find it helpful to keep the two separate in my mind. People can and do get fat eating only “healthy” foods if they eat too many calories, and people who are losing weight often eat treats if it fits their calories. I often include small helpings of chocolate or jelly beans into my daily calories, for example, especially when I’ve been working out. I also try to include fruits, veggies, cheese, meats, and so on. I don’t have to eat any of those things to lose weight, but I find a diet with a good amount of variety (including treats!) to be more satisfying.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i had a bowl of ice cream last night - it fit into my macros for the day and so worth it - i'm down 12lbs and maintaining at 148-150lbs
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and like going to McDonald's too, I'm almost 50 as well, so no age limit required to stop enjoying McDonald's! :smile:

Plain burger and no fries is fine.. but if I am going there I want to have some fries, part of the McDonald's experience, they make the best fries. :tongue:

Plan for it, pre-log your day and make McDonald's and chocolate fit in your 'calorie window'. Win Win!!