Why am I not loosing weight?

I have lost weight from 63 kg to 54-55 kg.
now my weight won't drop anymore. according to my bml i can be eating up to 2100 calories per day. But i only take 1200-1500 cals on each day. I do exercise 4-6 days a weeks. Can you guys help. I want to loose two more kg but my weight wont go down

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    How tall are you? How do you know you are only consuming 1200-1500 a day and if this is an appropriate deficit?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Considering you are now at a low weight you have to expect that weight loss will slow off. What are your stats?
    How long have you been at your current weight?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    2 kgs is not much to lose. It's going to come off slowly, and you're going to have to be spot-on with your calorie intake. In order to be spot-on, you need to use a food scale. Weigh everything, log everything. No cheating, skipping or forgetting.

j16bgx0g6ugc.jpg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2017
    Oops! - QuikSylver beat me to it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    That is the same weight as my normal.

What height are you?

I'm 5ft 4 and my tdee is way lower than 2100.

How long have you been stuck at that weight?
  • Kulladalst
    Kulladalst Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 163 cm tall. I tracked everything i ate using this app (sometime i cook and weight all my ingredient) before i bought what i eat i always read the nutrition at the back of it first
  • Kulladalst
    Kulladalst Posts: 3 Member
    Runa: I'm stuck at this weight for 2 months
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    163 cm and 55kg is a BMI of 20.7, which is towards the low end of normal. It is MUCH harder to lose weight when one is not overweight.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    So you are a low normal BMI and want to lose 2 more kg? Any reason why? As @RobD520 said your weight loss will be slower at a lower body weight. If you want to lose I would set the goal for the lowest possible weekly setting (I'm not sure what the kg equivalent would be for 0.25 pounds/week).
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Rutuja3 wrote: »
    Kulladalst wrote: »
    now my weight won't drop anymore. according to my bml i can be eating up to 2100 calories per day. But i only take 1200-1500 cals on each day. I do exercise 4-6 days a weeks. Can you guys help. I want to loose two more kg but my weight wont go down

You can try detox diet for 2 days, it will help.

No, it will make you poop a lot and probably become dehydrated, which will be unpleasant and lead to temporary loss of water weight. You can expect to gain all of that back very quickly after resuming your normal diet.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I'm 163 cm tall. I tracked everything i ate using this app (sometime i cook and weight all my ingredient) before i bought what i eat i always read the nutrition at the back of it first

I’m your height and only slightly heavier (57.75kg) and my TDEE is 1700 ish. I’m losing on 1310a day. Sounds like a logging problem.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    OP, have a read of this: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html/

And this: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

As others have said, once you're at a normal weight (and you are at the lower end of normal), your body fights back hard against further weight loss. Check your logging first, and tighten up on that if necessary, but if you are at too big a deficit, and especially if the exercise you're doing is mostly cardio, then chances are your cortisol level is through the roof and water weight is masking fat loss.

I know eating more (at maintenance) for a couple of weeks to get things moving when you're so close to where you want to be seems counter-intuitive, but it's not. A full diet break (eating at maintenance for 10-14 days, at least 100-150g of carbs a day, still tracking and logging) will bring leptin and thyroid hormones back up, and lower cortisol.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Do you use a food scale? Feel free to make your food diary public and we'll be able to help you more.
  • Danihoo8
    Danihoo8 Posts: 11 Member
    @Quicksylver296 answer was fantastic! I will apply that to my own journey, very helpful.

• sami444as
    sami444as Posts: 1 Member

Hey how long has it taken you to come down to 54kg?