The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• mumtoalm28
    mumtoalm28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivation and new friends please! I am 36 until Saturday lol I have lost 90 pounds since October 2014 and just recently started hitting the gym after changing my diet to plant based the end of June.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    lisarae477 wrote: »
    Hi! 40 in Wisconsin and looking to lose 40! Feel free to add me, looking for support. Struggle with staying on the healthy foods & hoping to start some sort of exercise routine.

Your in the right place to loss that weight and find motivation. GPG!!! ;)
  • mr_mappers_74
    mr_mappers_74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi folks I'm 43, feel like I'm 23. Awesome!!!!
  • btrfliflyt
    btrfliflyt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 45. I've lost 20 pounds over the past two months. Still working on 20 more and toning. I've been a member here for several years, but I always start and stop. This time I've managed to stick with it. I would love to connect with others!
  • rodmelching
    rodmelching Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Reading all the posts and noticed that many here find inspiration in the success of others. A friend of mine (who is an inspiration herself at 68 ) recently shared a story that inspired her. Last summer, she entered an Olympic distance triathlon in upstate NY. The Olympic distance race consists of a 1500yd swim, followed by a 26 mile bike ride and finishing with a 10k run.

In triathlon, competitors are marked on the calf to identify their age group. So a 25 year old male would have "M25" marked on his calf. With that in mind, one gentlemen lined up at the start of the mens swim wave really reminded her that age doesn't have to be a limiter:

8p9uojconxj9.jpg

Love this . . age is just a number. Myself, 49 going on 35.
  • tcarroll120
    tcarroll120 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 47 and looking to lose at least 50 pounds. I lost over 120 a couple of years back and I gained over half of it back because I allowed myself to revert to old habits. My general health is more important than weight loss, so I'm looking to build strength and endurance in addition to sensibly dropping weight along the way.
  • aconybelle
    aconybelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 50, and I've been with MFP for a while. I've ridden horses almost all my life, and this past year I've been heavily into boxing (sort of MMA kickboxing, not cardio). I want to lose around 40 lbs. Please feel free to add me, especially if you're interested in the same sports, but even if you're not :smile:
    Also, my gym is using MyZone. Any users here?
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lots of new faces here lately. It's so funny because this thread will be dead for weeks/months, and then spark up again with lots of new activity. Welcome new middle-agers!
  • Lisa8823168
    Lisa8823168 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    53 and refusing to be an AARP member...I can be mature without being old...please add me.
  • Lisa8823168
    Lisa8823168 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Jonesuna64 wrote: »
    53 Here! YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

I just have to appreciate this...it was the name of my 90 YO fathers internet router...and everyone in the neighborhood knew who it was! They were even more amazed he had internet. God rest his soul, I want to be him when I grow up.
  • JohnFinnJr
    JohnFinnJr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 53 with a 42 year old girlfriend. If I knew how to add people, I would. Maybe somebody can teach me.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I just hit 36... I refuse to be middle-aged till I hit 40. And I suspect along with becoming 40 years old I will have a good old-fashioned mid-life crisis, considering how the idea of the upper 30's being classified as mid-life made me feel just now.
  • CathyMcMac
    CathyMcMac Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I am surprised how supported I already feel communicating online. Right now my exercise is walking. That is something I know I can commit to. Good night all!
  • WhalenJR
    WhalenJR Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What are the top 3 on your workout playlist?
    Mine
    Thunderstruck
    Shoot to thrill
    Start me up
  • mgotto1997
    mgotto1997 Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This program has saved me in so many ways. My daily support is incredible. My sister got me on this program and my niece started today! #blessed
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 next week and reside in beautiful, BC Canada. I count calories, do a lot of cardio and try to limit my carbs. Down 32 lbs thus far, 22 more until I reach my first WL goal.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I like this idea. I too am addicted to my fitbit.

I don't have a FitBit, and sometimes I feel like I'm the odd one out when I come to MFP. But at 51 I really don't feel the urge to follow everything the younger crowd are doing.
  • Craeftig
    Craeftig Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi guys add me :wink:
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I"m a diabetic...I have been trying to lose weight for five years with no success. I finally gave in to meds and it still feels like an uphill battle. I"m smiling and making 100% effort. I"m vegan, try to be active, and I refuse to let these genes dictate my life!!! Add me if you are having similar issues--I'd love some company!

I've heard of people who've been able to reverse diabetes, I don't know a lot about it. I hope you are successful!!
    II4MOA wrote: »
    37 here - looking to lose around 40ish pounds. If anyone wants to add me, you know what to do!

I'm sure you'll shed those 40 pounds!! Good luck!
    whittiejo wrote: »
    I'm getting closer and closer to 41. I'm trying to make my 40s better than my 30s (health wise). My current workout regimen includes running and weight lifting. Please feel free to add me.

I have the same goal! Better health from here on out!
    mumtoalm28 wrote: »
    Looking for motivation and new friends please! I am 36 until Saturday lol I have lost 90 pounds since October 2014 and just recently started hitting the gym after changing my diet to plant based the end of June.

90 lbs! Way to go!!! That's an awesome accomplishment! Are you at your goal?
    Hi! I'm 47 and looking to lose at least 50 pounds. I lost over 120 a couple of years back and I gained over half of it back because I allowed myself to revert to old habits. My general health is more important than weight loss, so I'm looking to build strength and endurance in addition to sensibly dropping weight along the way.

It's easy to revert back.... now just revert back to those good eating habits ;)
    CathyMcMac wrote: »
    Thanks for the support! I am surprised how supported I already feel communicating online. Right now my exercise is walking. That is something I know I can commit to. Good night all!

Isn't it amazing how much support you can find online? It's nice to be able to relate with others who are going through the same thing!! Welcome and enjoy your walks!
    WhalenJR wrote: »
    What are the top 3 on your workout playlist?
    Mine
    Thunderstruck
    Shoot to thrill
    Start me up

I just put it on random...it really depends on the day.
    mgotto1997 wrote: »
    This program has saved me in so many ways. My daily support is incredible. My sister got me on this program and my niece started today! #blessed

That's awesome!!