Baby Weight has to go!!

Options
BrendaS03
BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
Baby weight has got to go!!!
Had a beautiful baby girl in August and now it's time to get serious about losing the extra weight. I managed to gain 65 lbs during my pregnancy and have since lost 25 through very little effort. BUT the scale has now stalled and I need to focus on good nutrition and getting active. Any other new mamas out there with similar goals??

Replies

• amberghays
    amberghays Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been a mama for two years, and I hit the same kind of wall. I didn't gain that much while I was pregnant, but struggled to get back to my before baby weight. My motivations are completely the same as yours.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You're barely out of the "4th Trimester"... Are you breastfeeding? If so you will want to be careful not to achieve too much of a deficit otherwise your supply may suffer.
  • BrendaS03
    Options
    @mitch16

I will be careful as I am breastfeeding. I haven't come up with a concrete plan yet regarding calories. I just want to focus on making healthy choices and getting active. Trying to take small steps... I have much less time for myself these days so it's important to set attainable goals!
  • amybkatherine
    amybkatherine Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had my son back in November last year and I gained about 45lbs. I am just now 2lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. It has been a slow process with bumps in the road and a few plateaus. I was stuck in the same 5lb range for way too long. But I feel like I'm finally back to making progress again.

It's tough as a mother to put your health first. There's hardly any time to think about yourself... I'm finding meal prep on the weekend helpful for that.

Enjoy that baby and good luck!
  • BrendaS03
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @akb1249

Congrats on your hard work paying off! I'm just starting my journey but I can appreciate the time and effort it takes to get there.

I like the idea of meal prep on weekends. Would definitely make it easier to stay on track during the week!
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Mama :) My baby is now 19 months, but I started hitting the gym around 5 months PP. I primarily focused on weights w 2 cardio days and took off Sundays (because the day care is closed lol) and I lost my baby weight when my nugget turned 13 months. I gained 55 lbs with my pregnancy,and am now down 15 more than that. I think the most important thing is being active and just cleaning up your diet. I have 3 other (step) kids who eat high calorie foods that I also LOVE. haha. I basically I had to start cooking two meals; one of my hubs and I and other for the kids as they are very picky. I am still nursing to this day. I wish you luck! You can do it, but don't be too hard on yourself if it takes longer than you hoped.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    BrendaS03 wrote: »
    It’s too soon to be THAT focused. Enjoy your baby and try and focus on making enough milk

I am not having any issues with milk supply. I have a happy healthy baby and I am loving every minute of it. Making healthy choices and trying to get active are not going to take away from that. I have not set any specific or restrictive goals. A mom looking out for her own health at the same time as her babies can only be a good thing for baby.

Well go for it sweetheart! At 2 months postpartum I couldn’t even think. I was flat out exhausted from all my new responsibilities...but that’s just me and I’m one person. Good luck!
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 year old, 7 year old, 16 month old baby and 4 month old. I am breastfeeding, but I am having supply issues. I did lose all of baby weight, but I was 60 lbs over weight when I got pregnant. I amazingly got up to 265 lbs while pregnant I gained way too much. I'm back down prepregnancy, and now to lose the 60.
  • e_falagan
    e_falagan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My youngest is now 6 months and I can't keep blaming my fluffy tummy on him. (Especially since its really from Wal-Mart's mini donuts lol)
    Add me ladies. :)
  • lindsayfrog1980
    lindsayfrog1980 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 15 months, I’m my own worst enemy and need to get back in control. Also have 5 and 7 year old and feel like I’m running round in circles most of the time so grab what I can to eat. Not always the best choices ! Anyway i can’t say ‘ I’ve just had a baby ‘ this far down the line so things have got to change !!
    Add me fellow mummies so we can all support each other , me mainly lol
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just had my cute little boy in July and I’m so ready to get back into shape and lose all this weight!
  • saranoor2012
    saranoor2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had a baby july 18th and i gained 45 now i have 18 to go. Started a month ago the process is very slow they say we need almost 6 months to be the same!. U can add me
  • eledina21
    eledina21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi new here ! Im 6 weeks postpartum just started to walk ! I am breastfeeding so just want to start with mild exercise! And not thinking about being on a diet want to eat healthier though! I need to loose 30lb used to weight 150lb and now 180lb so got a long way to go :)
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My boys are 1 and 3. I also have a 17 yr old daughter. I still have a lot to lose. I gained 65 with my 3 yr old and only lost some of it before gaining another 75 with my 1 yr old. I was already 20 over prior to the first pregnancy. I am hoping to lose 80 over the next year or 2. Definitely 25 by Christmas. Please add me. I would love to be part of a supportive group of people.
  • 2b2gmakesmeamomof4
    Options
    I have literally been pregnant or nursing for the past 2 years! Back to back pregnancies was hard on my body. I gained a lot of weight and have about 100lbs to lose. I have a 15 month old and a 2 month old and 2 big kids. Looking for friends who want to keep each other motivated!
  • ccantrell994
    ccantrell994 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies! I’m breastfeeding and 14 weeks postpartum. I weighed 135 pre pregnancy, 165 when I had my little guy and went down to 150 in the first week and stalled there. I’m finally at a point where I know my baby belly is now from mainly cookies! So I’m not trying to cut down what I eat, but switch out cookies with healthy snacks. This app suggested I only consume 1200 calories but I changed it to 1800 as that is what I have seen online as a healthy goal for breastfeeding mommas. I have also started walking and do a small amount of toning workouts for my arms, gut and thighs. I need people to hold me accountable and share tips on how to get baby weight off while still maintaining a milk supply!
  • dardisu
    dardisu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to join ye ladies. I had my 3rd baby at the end of June and need to start losing a bit of weight. Sick of still wearing maternity jeans! Would love to be part of a group to helo me stay on track! Am also breastfeeding so need to know more about how to lose sensibly
  • stephdmash
    stephdmash Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please add me! 10 weeks pp ftm. Gained 51 lbs, down 24 lbs. Newly vegetarian and trying my best to eat healthy. Can finally get some workouts in too!