Quick added calories

Options
I see a lot of "quick added calories" in members meals. What does that mean and why do they use them? :huh:

Replies

• darlenewanamaker
    darlenewanamaker Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of "quick added calories" in members meals. What does that mean and why do they use them? :huh:
    I saw that also. I want to know as well ..
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Its an estimation if in any case you can't find the calories in the food you eat or if the calories specified in the database isn't meant as it is.
  • foofums
    foofums Posts: 3
    Options
    I used it when I already know the calories in the food off the top of my head and don't want to look it up. Or, I ate a home cooked meal and would rather not look up every single ingredient haha.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    quick add is when you dont know how many calories something has for a certain amount, or you dont want to look up the details or add details for a new item in the database, so you just add the calorie amount listed on a product, or estimate it. =)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's usually someone who guessed (or even know for a fact) an amount of calories they ate for a certain meal or snack. People usually do this if they only calorie count or if they're in a rush but want to still have a record of how many cals they ate that day. It's a good tool for days when you're not near a nutrition label but have a decent idea of how much you ate.
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Its an estimation if in any case you can't find the calories in the food you eat or if the calories specified in the database isn't meant as it is.

Ok,thanks, but what do you put in under when you searching for foods?
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options

• gettinghealthy777
    Options
    It's usually someone who guessed (or even know for a fact) an amount of calories they ate for a certain meal or snack. People usually do this if they only calorie count or if they're in a rush but want to still have a record of how many cals they ate that day. It's a good tool for days when you're not near a nutrition label but have a decent idea of how much you ate. LOL

So, I am thinking that snickers bar was roughly 50 calories..lol
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    There is a link to click on under your search results. You can either create a new food item or just add calories.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use it to "accurately estimate" what might be the possible caloric content in the food. Otherwise, I just use it for the helluvit, because I can. More often than not, I can be as accurate as I want, but I'll either make it so my diary is at an even number, or I'll use an arbitrary number because it's fun.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options

If you are using the web site you have the option to press the Quick Tools.....and then quick add calories