Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about diet pepsi?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You can have Pepsi and still lose weight. Just need to work it into your daily calories. Switching to diet version an option?
  • loseweigjtlol
    loseweigjtlol Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    200 lbs :love: amazing I will start drinking it :D thank you everyone its just my family who keep discouraging me to diet cause they say I have to leave pepsi to diet -_- thanks alot everyone :D hugs
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit.

MFP will help you set a target calorie level after you enter your stats and select lose 0.5 kg/week.

Then, you should eat a variety of foods that allow you to hit that target, focusing on those which provide nutrition and satiety (fills you up) first, and then leaving room for foods or calorie containing beverages (like Pepsi) as you can fit them in. Many people end up making tweaks to their diet after they start logging since they find foods they want to eat to help fill them out and cut out things that they can't fit in their day.

Log everything you eat as accurately and honestly as possible, ideally using a food scale.

Stick with that and you should achieve your weight loss goal. Whether you continue to consume Pepsi, cut back on it, switch to diet - all of that is an option as long as you are in that calorie deficit.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This was m issue with wine. If it’s just Pepsi, I’d log and use that as your measure food and work it is “well, I could have that bag of chips, or I could have 8oz of pepsi for those calories.” I cut out a lot of other empty calories and keep my wine.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I heard diet one is bad for teeth
    I wish to cut calories in other things but people say its not about the calories its the sugar :/ im not sure should I continue drinking but just diet one ?

Nope, opposite actually. Sugary drinks can damage your teeth and diet pop doesn't have sugar in it. Both are still fairly acidic though, so it wouldn't hurt to swish some water in your mouth after drinking either.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a very personal and private enterprise. Plan out your meal portions and drink your Diet Pepsi away from your nosy family.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi. Trust when you drink it enough, you won't be able to really tell the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png