What are your daily carbs, fats, and protein percentages, and your fitness goals..? (lose, gain..)

Options

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have successfully lost 65 lbs over the last year. I spend approximately 90 minutes a day walking or hiking.

My calorie goal is 1650, and it seems to worth it to roughly 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein eating while foods without powders or supplements. I have a hard time getting enough fiber if I cut cut down on the carbs.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    2200-2600 calories with 180-210 grams of protein on workout days and on the low end during sedentary days.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 30ish pounds... The only number I try to hit is my protein, and stay under the others... I don't freak out if I go over a bit.. It's a lifestyle change and some days just suck... And I only eat when I'm hungry... I eat back half of my exercise calories(set at 1300) and I usually log my strength training with 1 or 2 calories...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the place. My protein goal should be closer to 110 but I often eat 150+, my fat goal is .35 per pound of body weight, rest in carbs. I'm on a bulk at the moment with a 250 cal surplus.
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    BOY do I wish we had like buttons!! :)
    Thanks, all, for all your info and insight and opinions..I am not even sure what my macros are..?? LOL..:p
    I am def not going to fret as much over the numbers..try and get close, but not beat myself up so much if I am too low or too high on one or the other..
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    MSH2930 wrote: »
    Thanks, all, for all your info and insight and opinions..I am not even sure what my macros are..?? LOL..:p
    I am def not going to fret as much over the numbers..try and get close, but not beat myself up so much if I am too low or too high on one or the other..

Really you don't need to stress too much over macros. The main thing is to get enough protein to help minimize muscle loss if it doesn't stress you too much. Whatever helps make your diet easier to follow. I, for example, have managed to lose a lot of weight eating what is considered by many to be less than optimum protein and too many carb grams, but it's what works for me and makes dieting easier for me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

here is a simple rule of thumb..

for straight weight loss macro adherence is not that important; however, keeping protein up will help you preserve muscle mass.

as you get leaner and care more about body recomp then macro adherence and a structured lifting regimen becomes very important…

• MSH2930
    Options

Really you don't need to stress too much over macros. The main thing is to get enough protein to help minimize muscle loss if it doesn't stress you too much. Whatever helps make your diet easier to follow. I, for example, have managed to lose a lot of weight eating what is considered by many to be less than optimum protein and too many carb grams, but it's what works for me and makes dieting easier for me.

Agreed! We all need to find what works for us. ;)
  • MSH2930
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

here is a simple rule of thumb..

for straight weight loss macro adherence is not that important; however, keeping protein up will help you preserve muscle mass.

as you get leaner and care more about body recomp then macro adherence and a structured lifting regimen becomes very important…

Totally get it. Agreed. Hopefully I get there, closer to my goal, and will understand and be able to manage the macros then. Thanks for the advice!!

• catharinamkotze
    catharinamkotze Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fats 70%
    Protein 20%
    Carbs 10%
  • catharinamkotze
    catharinamkotze Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The more fats you eat, the longer you feel full, the less calories you consume.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    ^^Wow, interesting!!
  • JLeigh6002
    JLeigh6002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have a hard time eating more than 70g of protein a day? I get to the end of the day and it's always my farthest from the goal consumption. I am eating meat and a normal amount of food, but am having to go out of my way to get more protein in.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    JLeigh6002 wrote: »
    Anyone else have a hard time eating more than 70g of protein a day? I get to the end of the day and it's always my farthest from the goal consumption. I am eating meat and a normal amount of food, but am having to go out of my way to get more protein in.

Nope... I've reduced mine to 130g and have to limit the amounts I'd choose to eat.
    Perhaps try planning meals in advance a day start by choosing a protein source for each meal
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm trying to hit 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs, but I'm having a devil of a time reaching my fat goal over the last few days since I added intermittent fasting to keto. The goal is to lose weight, and it's coming along quite nicely at the moment.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Losing weight at 1200 calories (I'm a senior w/ low numbers). My macros are still at the default, but I find I usually end up with 40/40/20 eating the foods I like. Might be left over from old low carb habits I formed from earlier diets. I don't eat added sugar and keep white starches to the minimum.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm currently maintaining.
    TDEE around 2200 calories average (varies considerably depending on daily exercise)
    Height 4'11
    Weight 100 pounds

My macros seem to natually fall at
    40% around carbs (around 200 grams),
    40% fat (around 90 grams) and
    20% protein (120 grams).

This is more because of the food choices I like to make rather than a deliberate attempt to hit these ratios and these were about the same ratios when I was losing.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1200 calories

Carbs 30%
    Protein 50%
    Fat 20%

Aim is to lose 20kg - im slightly over half way.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Goal = Gain. I like to look at grams instead of %

120-125 grams of protein (around 25%)
    200-210 grams of carbs (around 50%)
    The rest fat
  • annaofsmile
    annaofsmile Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    dwilliamca wrote: »
    Losing weight at 1200 calories (I'm a senior w/ low numbers). My macros are still at the default, but I find I usually end up with 40/40/20 eating the foods I like. Might be left over from old low carb habits I formed from earlier diets. I don't eat added sugar and keep white starches to the minimum.

I too am a SR and trying to get on some kind of structured diet plan. I've gained and gained over the years and have to get my weight back down. I am trying to lose about 20 lbs right now, and then go from there. I was given a recommended 1500 cal a day, with a low carb goal of ..."20g of carbs, 88g protein, and 122g fat, you will eat 1533kcal and lose 1.5kg (3.2lbs) in the first month". My problem is with so low of carb intake, I am having trouble eating 1533 cal and real problem eating that much fat. I want to maintain my energy and feel this low achievement of my fat will end up causing me to drop out. Any suggestions? thanks....