What motivates...YOU? Let's motivate each other by sharing

Options
So, I was wondering...what motivates...YOU? Any fun sayings? Actors/Actresses? Songs?
In other words, What gives you that kick in the butt to move your *kitten* when you're feel unmotivated to workout or eat right?

My sayings are...

"Nothing tastes as yummy as sexy feels"

"A second on the lips is a lifetime on the hips"

"Rome wasn't built in a day and couldn't be taken down in one either"

"WOMAN POWER"

Actresses that get me pumped to workout...

Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow in "Alias"

Angelina Jolie as....
Laura Croft in "Tomb Raider"

Jane Smith in "Mr & Mrs. Smith"

Evelyn Salt in "Salt"

Charlize Theron in " AEon Flux"

Linda Hamilton in "Terminator"

Songs...

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem

"Firework" by Katy Perry

"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera

"Survivor" by Destiny's Child

"You Gotta Be" by Des'ree

Let's motivate each other by sharing what gets us going!

Replies

• MarySunshine70
    Options
    My 20th Wedding Anniversary is in 17 days. That's my motivator.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What you eat in private shows in public.

"The groundwork of all happiness is health." - Leigh Hunt

"You may delay, but time will not." - Benjamin Franklin

"Every choice you make has an end result." - Zig Ziglar

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert J. Collier

"A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit." -Anonymous

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." -Edward Stanley

"If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution." -Unknown

"Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks." -Unknown
  • gcmiller1
    Options
    I'm counting down to the big 4-0. I will prove the saying true - "40 is the new 20!"
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What you eat in private shows in public.

"Every choice you make has an end result." - Zig Ziglar

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert J. Collier

"A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit." -Anonymous

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." -Edward Stanley

"If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution." -Unknown

"Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks." -Unknown
    I love these!
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I'm 20, and I want to be fit and sexy while I'm still young. I go back to university in 20 days and I want to blow people's minds with how awesome I look.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    "Success is not a race, be patient"
    "Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday"

I also love the songs "Firework" and "Eye of the Tiger" to motivate me.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    My motivation right now is just wanting to accomplish this weight loss. I always start and I give up. I won't give up this time! Another motivation is just that I want to feel good in whatever I wear and not feel bad because I think I look fat. :embarassed:

Here's to keeping motivated!!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    'You can't change the past but you can change the futur'.
    ' One should eat to live, not live to eat.'
    'Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not.'
    'There are only two choices, make progress or make excuses.'

The movie , 'Eat, love and pray' changed to 'Eat less, love more and pray always!'
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My loved ones, they're my motivation to stay fit and healthy because my main reason for my weight loss is for me to live longer by improving my blood sugar level and my blood pressure. Needless to say it was my doctor who recommend me to lose weight because of my diabetes and hypertension.
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I want to treat this body as the temple it is.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My motivation is kept right on my desk (at my home computer not my work lol) in the form of a picture of what I looked like a year ago in a skimpy bikini and next to that a picture of me now, 40lbs heavier.

Best. Motivation. Ever.
  • witstar
    witstar Posts: 25
    Options
    i have just started my journey. my main motivation right now is seeing before and after pictures with weight losses close to what i have to lose, which is about 150 pounds. seeing the transformations hits me deep. seeing a totally different, healthy person emerge from inside the larger body. seeing the smiles on the after pictures. seeing the healthier looking skin and hair. feeling the motivation creep up from my deepest self and whisper...you. can. do. that. :)

i also have a 'motivate me' board on my pinterest where i pin wonderful motivating words and pictures.
  • nakegu
    nakegu Posts: 9
    Options
    Sean T, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels".
  • kate159963
    Options
    I have always been the chubby or plump on in my circle of friends. it got to the point that i was ok with it...now i'm going to get married next year and i dun wanna be the plump one. i want to be the smoking hawt THIN one :) its really about my image as a woman.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    I love all of the above responses (considering I need some motivation at about now....) Annabell, my blue tick coon hound got weighed at 91 pounds just a few days ago. The vet said she would have to have a c section if we decided to breed her now. How do you explain to a dog a c-section and the pain that comes with it afterwards? And furthermore, how do I explain to my own dog child that "I made you fat by making the wrong decisions for you." I can't...so I have to stay motivated for her....we walked 2.4 miles yesterday, Anna was exhausted, but I know we are doing the best things for each other.....And on the other opposite extreme is
    Scooby, my red tick coon hound, fixed...He runs in circles in the front yard like a pony when he picks up a scent or a bicycle goes by......go figure.

2nd motivation, I have taken care of people all my life,,,,now I am taking care of myself...Even with 48 pounds lost, I look in the mirror and what do I see, a 275 pound fat chick...still have ways to go....but now I can always see my ankles, I have so much more energy,,,,I can clean house 5 hours straight and then take a break....I can walk 2.4 miles........thanks for reading.....:flowerforyou:
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "Success is not a race, be patient"
    "Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday"

I have to remember these.
  • Hj711
    Hj711 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have tons of clothes in one size smaller and barely anything for my current size. I don't like who I see in the mirror. It isn't me. As much as I want to find something or someone else to blame, I keep blaming myself. So my motivation is to be me again. Be a good me! Be the me I like.