Yes
  • Choose2bYou
    Choose2bYou Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ketone supliments help with the transition
  • Choose2bYou
    Options
    Yes exogenous just means you consume instead of make them. It helps with the carb keto flu symptoms because it boosts the key tones in your blood which alleviate the stress during the transition from burning mainly glucose to burning mainly key tones.
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes and trying Intermittent Fasting.
  • Choose2bYou
    Options
    Personally I like the pruvit ones best. They taste good but they are expensive.

Once you fully acclimated to dietary ketosis they are less useful. I find dietary ketosis is difficult to manage 100% of the year, so I use them to help bridge the gap when I need to.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Are you still pooping regularly? Like where does the poo even go???
  • 2live2thrive
    2live2thrive Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am Drinking Ketones and doing Keto Diet ....I am doing well and very happy now
  • Choose2bYou
    Options
    Yes and trying Intermittent Fasting.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you mean just don't eat for a day, or something like that?
    There is 5:2 where u eat 5 days and fast >500cal 2 days.

There is 16:8/18:6/20:4 where you have only a short daily window to eat.

These are helpful because any time you fast for a good amount of time your body goes into mild ketosis. These protocols can actually make it easier and more natural for your body to switch back-and-forth.
  • Choose2bYou
    Options
    I am Drinking Ketones and doing Keto Diet ....I am doing well and very happy now

So, will it speed up my weightloss?

So, will it speed up my weightloss?

At first ketosis speed up weight loss because it drops of water weight. Glucose holds more water than ketones do. After that your weight-loss will be in alignment with your calorie deficit. The reason for ketosis and having high Keytone levels in your blood is for the muscle sparing effect it has well in a calorie deficit.
  • Choose2bYou
    Options
    Holy crap. I had no idea there was so much to it. Thank you guys for this great information!!!

I would strongly advise you look into dietary and nutritional ketosis. There are some serious electrolyte in balance is that can occur if you do not take the appropriate amount of salt magnesium and potassium while in ketosis.

This can cause headaches dizziness heart palpitations low blood volume fainting and many other issues if not addressed.
  • MechyMama
    MechyMama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, but please be careful with a lot of advice. For instance, you shouldn't intermittent fast until you're fat adapted, and 2 weeks in, you're likely not. "Fat adapted" is not the same as "in ketosis." There is a LOT to know about keto - I suggest going out there and reading up on ruled.me (https://www.ruled.me/start-here/) and "Keto Diet App" (https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/Start-Here) to fully understand what your body is doing. Many people do not recommend exogenous ketones - you can balance your electrolytes without them. Read up and decide for yourself.

Other recommendations are to join some Facebook groups if you FB. One good one is "KetoDiet Blog Support Group," which is run by the same people who created that second website I posted above.

Good luck.
  • Choose2bYou
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MechyMama wrote: »
    Yes, but please be careful with a lot of advice. For instance, you shouldn't intermittent fast until you're fat adapted, and 2 weeks in, you're likely not. "Fat adapted" is not the same as "in ketosis." There is a LOT to know about keto - I suggest going out there and reading up on ruled.me (https://www.ruled.me/start-here/) and "Keto Diet App" (https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/Start-Here) to fully understand what your body is doing. Many people do not recommend exogenous ketones - you can balance your electrolytes without them. Read up and decide for yourself.

Other recommendations are to join some Facebook groups if you FB. One good one is "KetoDiet Blog Support Group," which is run by the same people who created that second website I posted above.

Good luck.
    False - IF (intermittent fasting) works with any macro diet reguardless of fat adapted or not.

Who didn't recommend exogenous ketones and why? They are like a glucose tablet that diabetics take if they're blood sugar drops too low. It isn't some scary compound.

Exogenous Ketones aren't for balancing electrolytes. They are used to increase the amount of ketones in your bloodstream. In this case to help bridge the gap till the person becomes "fat adapted".

Not pushing ketone supplementation. I did ketosis the all natural way for years before I played with the supplements.