Any "Love, Mercy & Forgiveness Diet" success stories...pls. add and pics would be GREAT!

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
edited October 2017 in Success Stories
I "thought" I was a "real" Christian for more years than I care to mention, but I was "all-talk" and not much walk" Christian. I started Mfp over 5 years ago (started sometime in 2012) and tried EVERY diet, gimmick, latest fad diet, personal training, CICO, EVERYTHING you can think of. Had the same "small" amount of success with these "plans" as my Christian walk produced, some results but eventually gaining back all that I lost PLUS more. :'( , in other words a lot of "trying" and NO real POWER nor lasting results at all--just the vicious cycle of yuck.

So, after trying it "my way" for all these years, Jesus showed me what was wrong and why I wasn't losing anything at all but my mind. ALL these years of being a "Christian", yet I was filled with worry, doubt, fear, shame, bitterness and most important ANGER. Being obese with a HUGE stomach and telling people I am "born-again", all the while being a glutton and poor example of/to The Lord I claimed to follow. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a smiling, "happy-go-lucky" person on the outside, but on the inside--just filled with me, myself and I (selfishness, self-righteousness, pride, easily offended and everything The Word of God showed and told me to forsake, for His sake and mine).

20 weeks ago, I started to "believe" the seemingly foolishness of forgiving people (including myself) FOR REAL, I always thought I did forgive people, but I always added the "but don't forget" in my so-called forgiveness. I thought things like love your enemies, pray for those that despitefully use you and persecute you, don't worry or be anxious for NOTHING, but in ALL things, by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known unto God, cast your cares upon Him, for He careth for you, be transformed by the renewing of your mind, etc. ALL of these things and more sounded so "lofty", but secretly (or actually NOT so secretly) not believing God at all, believing this "LIFESTYLE of living in and for Christ Jesus and for The Glory and Honor of God alone" was not only impossible, but foolishness--after all, even though I said I was a Christian...who should/did I REALLY believe in....ME, MYSELF and I. I discovered 20 weeks ago, these things are (FOR ME) impossible apart from truly submitting myself whole-heartedly, unashamedly and literally to/for/of God and proving it to myself, by obeying Him/following Jesus and DARING to believe Him and do what His Holy Spirit was telling me to. I am FOREVER free from prison of the weight that did so easily beset me--How? By walking in FORGIVENESS, LOVE and MERCY towards other and myself, no matter what!!!!!

"Highlighted for The TLDR (above) here's short version of what's happening in/thru and to me

I'm almost 30lbs down in 20 weeks (or so) this is day 143 (that's about 1.5lbs per week or so with no exercise, just CICO, a LOT of forgiving and forgetting, AND being "transformed" by the renewing of my mind B) ) down from 206lbs to 176.8 (my highest weight was 220lbs over the past 5+ years). I'm down a couple of pants sizes, my stomach no longer looks like I'm 20 months pregnant. I'm no longer in the "obese" category, now I'm "overweight". I've forever rid myself of tons of inches from my entire body. My skin, hair and nails looks and feels tremendous. I'm sleeping like a baby every night now, I'm walking in a PEACE that passes all understanding and it feels and LOOKS GREAT!!! People are starting to tell me I look like I'm losing weight and looking fabulous.

I've still got some ways to go to make my goal, about 40 or so more pounds. But I'm FREE now, and it feels sooooooo good. 100% Free from ANGER (by forgiving AND forgetting and turning them/and myself completely over to Jesus, period) 100% free from BITTERNESS/WRATH (by have mercy on folk, the same way I want and need mercy from God my Father, The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob and Jesus), 100% free from FEAR (by truly loving others as I do myself)come what may and truly learning what it means to DAILY, humble myself and pray and seek God's face and turn from my wicked ways. When (not if...but when) I fail/fall, repent, get up dust myself off and get back on the right track...the narrow path and way of walking in The Light as He is in The Light, period.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has had success in this battle of the bulge by truly forgiving (and forgetting) folk 100%, no holds barred AND forsaking ALL malice, wrath, anger, self pity, self-righteousness, etc. PLEASE feel free to add your story and/or pic.

P.S. I know this is not a Christian website and ask forgiveness to/from everyone that finds this "success story/testimony" offensive. I LOVE you (even though I don't know you). <3o:)<3

Replies

• ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Please feel free to look around the Christian groups here, join one and share away!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    ldtamika31 wrote: »
    Awesome

{{{{ <3 YAY and Hugs <3 }}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Great job!
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Awesome! Please feel free to look around the Christian groups here, join one and share away!

Thanks so much for your replies {{{{{ <3Hugs <3 }}}}}}}
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Love your new jeans!
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Well done on all your hard work! You look great and i bet you feel great too!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited October 2017
    Options
    P.S. I know this is not a Christian website and ask forgiveness to/from everyone that finds this "success story/testimony" offensive. I LOVE you (even though I don't know you). <3o:)<3

So it is easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.

You can apologize (i.e., ask forgiveness) all you want as you go through life deploying this tactic. Nevertheless, it creates rifts as the real issue at hand is trust. And once you've harmed trust, the relationship suffers for it.

If you want relationships in your life that work, try asking for permission and seeking clear agreements before you take action.

(Reference: http://www.conflictresolutiontraining.net/conflict_resolution_training/Permission_Forgiveness.html)

In this specific instance, professing false love instead is nothing but a cop out and what is well and truly the most offensive portion of your entire post.

Firstly, thank you soooo much for taking the time and care/interest in posting. I totally understand and appreciate your reply and I completely "get" how you feel and what you've so thoughtfully written. My motivation for including an apology in/for my success story is completely covered in/from God's Love (in me) and truth/sincerity. I truly am not professing "false" love...I'm professing real love-that is "different" from what you understand-again, it's coming from/in/thru me to you and whosoever will read what I'm writing and be offended. Here's the difference (and it's a major one) in our definitions of love and truth (vs. cop-outs and false love). All of our lives (from cradle to grave), we've all been taught/trained and really programmed to understand/know/believe what "love and even truth" is by the the multitudes of institutions, corporations (for profit and so-called "non-for profit") and society/pop culture that we're ALL subjugated to/by DAILY (whether we realize or believe it or not). These institutions shape/mold us and force/influence us to believe what we believe, it's these institutions, (for profit and so-called "non-for profit") corporations /societies/pop culture (the world) that give us our definitions/realities/beliefs (and definitions of what love and what is true are for example) include our educational systems(schools--colleges, institutions of higher learning, non for profit corporations etc), corporations (that make profits and help shape cultures to/for profit) our media systems/pop culture, T.V., movies, music, books, news--etc.), our science and technology systems (doctors, research, "the experts", etc.), even our religious systems (all of them--including "Christianity and the so-called church--which is really part of the "non for profit corporations)...too many to name, etc.)--in other words, by the/our "world" are we taught/programmed how to think and be and the world trains us to dare NOT to be "in the world, but not "of it". The world is totally and completely against The True and Living God and His Way, His Truth and His Life, because that is what it is/was designed to do and be. God (in His Mercy and Love and Truth) has given us a "way of escape" from this "world's influence and dominance" (if we so choose), by daring us to reject ALL/EVERYTHING that we've ever been taught/trained/programmed from birth to death to believe is right/true and to dare humble ourselves and give-up on our own way and understandings and seek Him and to trust/live whole-heartedly and unashamedly and unpopularly for Him and His Kingdom. If we dare choose this "seemingly foolish and narrow path" the world WILL reject it/us, period. Why? Because it doesn't make "sense" and goes against everything we in our earthy nature and desires that we've be taught/trained/programmed do and be and "think" about The True and Living God and His Way, His Truth and His Life/His Kingdom. It's a choice and a "calling" (if you will) and from/of this choice, I posted what I did and mean it 100%.

God (The God of the Bible and The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jesus--I specify because there are millions/billions of "gods" in this world--even we ourselves can and do make ourselves "gods"--the world systems "trains" us to do/be--rebellion against God and anything that promotes Him or His Way, His Truth and His Life). Even "religion(s)" (which God hates and so do I--because it's just another part of this world's system/institutions--religion(s) are disguised as "being for Him, but it/religion(s) are actually totally against everything He is, period.) religion simply is using God as a tool of pride, self-righteousness, self-centerness and all kinds of woe and yuck and really religion is anything but for The True and Living God, it is really against His Way, Truth and Life just as much as the world is)--the greater majority of "religious people" are their own gods too and and really don't even know Him nor are known of Him--just keeping up the status quo of being "religious)...which is what I was "stuck" in for years, but delivered from completely. God's love and requirement of His "true" followers are 100% forgiveness and 100%mercy and 100% love to and upon others and ourselves is 100% completely different and diametrically opposed to ALL of our ways of thinking/being and doing--completely the opposite or "opposed" to ours. THIS is the (kind) of "love" I sent out to you and whosoever read my success story and my asking forgiveness is totally enveloped in that very wonderful (full of wonder) love from/of God (which is in/thru/filled) in me.

Here's a small example of God's kind of love that I asked your forgiveness for:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7Good News Translation (GNT)
    4 Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; 5 love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; 6 love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. 7 Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Also, the permission and inspiration that I sought before posting was of The Holy Spirit (from God and of Jesus)...and more important I was/am motivation by Him to post what I did and even what I'm writing now. So, all this to say I dare not disregard you nor what you've said (because what you've posted makes so much sense--to/from a worldly perspective)--my perspective is totally and completely different from yours--yet I respect your views 100%) and how you think and feel about my apology and post is valuable to me--why? Because even though you doubt my love and reject/scoff at my apology, I humbly understand and I truly love you and everyone (whether I know them or not--(NOT the love of/from "the world" but the love of/from God Himself)...even though I don't know you--rather you believe it or not, I super do--Why? Because my God commands and demands me to and more important gives me...this love I have for you and everyone is NOT of myself...it's a gift from God--it's literally from Christ in me, my hope of glory (as the bible states and I dare to receive and believe and do) and I WANT to love you, not merely because Jesus tells me to but because it's Him living in me and having His Way in and thru me! Being filled with and sharing The Love of The Only True and Living God is soooo magnificent and awesome! Loving you and everyone--including myself, with The Love and God (and God is Love), it's soooo freeing, so joy inspiring, so powerful and soooo "good" for/to me to do so!

{{{{ <3o:)<3 }}}}}

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Congratulations! Love your new jeans!

How kind and encouraging of you to post this--you rock, period. {{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}
  • Flcoconut64
    Flcoconut64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is beautiful and inspiring! I had been struggling to lose weight but with God's help, this journey has been amazing! I have been stuck but you have inspired me!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    DanishFeta wrote: »
    Congrats!!! Well done on all your hard work! You look great and i bet you feel great too!!!

Thank you so much for this encouraging reply--how beautiful and kind of you!
    {{{{ <3o:)Hugs o:)<3 }}}}

I not only am I feeling super better (in every area of my life--but especially in this battle of the bulge), what's even more tremendous is that I feel so utterly content now (NOT complacent at all--but content, so at peace in the wonderful (full of wonder) long term/lifetime process of weight-loss and "mess/yuck" loss as well (holding grudges, bitterness, anger, self-centeredness, fear, doubt, shame, self-pity, irritation at myself and others and all that kind of "yuck/mess"--those days are forever over and no longer am I "going in circles" but now have a Steady Course to diligently follow and such contentment this "race" is bringing me every day--this contentment I've been given and take, which now I "own & operate in" is something I've rarely (if ever) experienced in my entire life, it's truly powerful, this contentment is--WOW!

• februaryice
    februaryice Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • berlee2017
    berlee2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't post very often, more of a reader - just want to say how incredibly encouraging your post was to me. It confirms what I already know, that my way out of the years of bondage that food has had over me will be through surrender to the Lord one day at a time. Thanks for posting.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    That is beautiful and inspiring! I had been struggling to lose weight but with God's help, this journey has been amazing! I have been stuck but you have inspired me!

{{{{{ <3o:)HUGS o:)<3 }}}}}} How utterly thrilling that after ALL these YEARS on Mfp of me reading and have enjoyed soooo many others' success stories for inspiration and encouragement and now, The Lord has blessed me tremendously to be a "success story" myself and hear of my success story being blessing/helping to inspire and encourage other people as has been done to me is humbling and wonderful!

Thank you ever so very much for posting this---YAY you! I'm telling you, getting "unstuck" is just the very beginning--seeing changes not only in our bodies, but in our hearts, minds/spirit and the transformation of our ways of thinking is just Amazing what The Lord is and will be doing in and thru us, as we DARE to obey Him in all things. YAY and {{{ Hugs }}}} again!!! <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited November 2017
    Options
    berlee2017 wrote: »
    I don't post very often, more of a reader - just want to say how incredibly encouraging your post was to me. It confirms what I already know, that my way out of the years of bondage that food has had over me will be through surrender to the Lord one day at a time. Thanks for posting.

{{{{{ o:)<3HUGS <3o:) }}}}}}}} Thank you ever so much for posting--how very good it is to know we're not alone and it's so super kind of you to go out of your way to share here--you rock, period.

The word "bondage" you use is soooo appropriate, because that's just EXACTLY what it is, a seemingly inescapable slavery and misery that The Lord brings us out of (literally) and actually delivers us from...OURSELVES--it's nothing less than Awesome (being filled with Awe, not of/from/to ourselves, but Awe of The True and Living God). Sound like such utter foolishness for most, but for you to be blessed to understand this is so powerful and beautiful--WOW!

As we DARE, buck the "system", as we DARE forsake the idolatry of everything we've been taught/trained/programmed to believe ALL of our lives from the "systems" of this world (even in/from the "system of the world of the so-called church) and begin to "study to show ourselves approved" (as The Word says, as we humble ourselves and allow The Holy Spirit to be our Teacher and Comforter (instead of looking to people and even ourselves and our own understanding and ways) BAM! Here comes real freedom (from ourselves and the world), real mercy (from God and to others and ourselves), real forgiveness (to/for others and ourselves, no matter what we've or they've done...because no matter what someone has done to us, it's small in comparison to what we've done to God by our mocking/scorning Him and His Way, His Truth and His Life, by our ignoring Him and forsaking Him--doing our own thing apart from Him, and by our hurting others or even if we haven't hurt others, we can often think of hurting others and have a nasty attitude/spirit towards them). As we DARE to follow/believe what The Word says instead of our "feelings" and instead of allowing our emotions to rule and reign in and thru us--as we DARE boldly obey God and Seek Him with our whole hearts for everything we want/need, We become truly FREE indeed--FOR REAL. We will still experience all kinds of yuck and woe--sometimes daily, but it won't effect/infect/affect us like it did before us giving ourselves completely over to The Only True and Living God...because He becomes our Teacher. He becomes "the Boss of us", As He teaches us and Leads us by His Holy Spirit and there is nothing that we can't or won't accomplish, period--because it will be Christ in us, our Hope of Glory--His Power, His Might, working in and thru us to accomplish His Will and our Good. Including weight-loss and mental and spiritual health and wholeness---YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, what's so tremendous is as we literally exercise DAILY "mercy" with others...here come God's Love to fill us and move us toward real love (for God, others and ourselves) and from real love...here comes real forgiveness of/to others and ourselves and that produces a real peace (not the peace that the world has--it's a peace that passes ALL understanding--according to The Word of God). Then, that love, mercy and forgiveness literally drives out fear, anger, bitterness and all kinds of spiritual/mental trash and then BOOM...there goes the pounds and inches and again here comes The Peace that passes all understanding begins to rule and reign in our hearts and guides our thoughts, actions and words. WOW! I am so thrilled that our God Walks with us and teaches us His Way of dealing with stress and pain, His Truth about everything concerning us, His Life instead of ours.---WOW and Thank you Jesus!!!!! The formula and priority is walking in Joy, no matter what and this is what JOY is:

JOY
    Jesus
    Others
    You

This is blasphemy and foolishness to the kingdoms of this world, but fearlessness, power and a sound mind in the Kingdom of The True and Living God.

Also, I'm now down 31lbs----YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Awesome!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment--how very kind of you!
    {{{{{ <3o:)<3 HUGS o:)<3o:) }}}}}}
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!