5'9 210 lb trying to lose 2lb a week but can only manage 2lb a month!

Options
I'm trying to lose 10lb for my birthday in 2 months. Started at 210, now a month later st 208. My week habits are good I stay around my 1400 calorie goal but what should I do if I need to lose more. I make it to the gym twice s week and burn around 350 cal each visit.

Can anyone advise me on what to do to increase my weight loss per week?

Replies

• TicaKali
    TicaKali Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. Same weight, same goal day, same struggles......Only difference is that my b-day is in 2 weeks
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So.... how do you do on the weekends? Do you track everything you eat and drink (besides 0 cal drinks)?

ETA: if you want help from the forum, we can't help if you don't make your food diary public. Folks are all over helping others but you have to give them the ability to do so.

BTW if you're brand new here, the advice is going to be that you log everything you consume, use a food scale for dry ingredients, and regular volume measure for liquids.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    If that's all you're losing you're eating more than you think. Tighten up your logging.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Personally what I would do is change your activity level to one spot lower then You have it at now. Ex if you have it at, very active, then drop it to active, if you have it at active set it to sedentary.
  • 90Ibs
    90Ibs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're definitely eating more than 1400 cal/day. Some of it might be in liquids you consume, or in unlogged snacks, or in eating a lot during the weekends. Generally when you're overweight you lose a lot more weight than someone who's trying to lose at a normal weight, so you're doing something to be losing only that much.
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    You say you know you are hitting your calorie goal.

To ensure you are hitting that calorie goal, you must be measuring your portions. How are you measuring your portions? Is it your eyeballs?

You can't say you know you are hitting any kind of specific calorie goal without measuring your portions. A lot of people on here will start yelling at you to use a food scale (food scales are really accurate! and cheap! and actually generally easier to use than anything else! I agree with that!) but if you have an objection to using a scale then use measuring cups and spoons, and use them consistently; any kind of measuring is tons better than estimating.

Do. Not. Use. Your. Eyeballs.

There are a few unicorns out there who are good at it. Don't assume you're one of them. You will be SHOCKED at the difference even if you switch from eyeballs to measuring cups.

Measure EVERYTHING is best.

If you object to measuring EVERYTHING, then make sure you AT LEAST MEASURE:

1. All meats. (Be sure to use the database entry that matches how/whether you measured cooked or raw. If you measure raw, use a raw entry; if you measured cooked, use a cooked entry).
    2. All grains and grain-based foods (bread, pasta, rice, oats, quinoa)
    3. All other starchy foods (potatoes, squash, beans and peas)
    4. All calorie-dense condiments (sour cream, peanut and other nut butters, oils and butters, guacamole, barbeque sauce, ketchup)
    5. All calorie-dense and/or sweet treats (nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, cookies, candies)
    6. All calorie-dense beverages (dairy, juices, sodas, powdered drink mixes)
    7. Who am I kidding measure everything, seriously.

QFT- and even though I mentioned a food scale, I didn't get fat because I was using volume measurements instead of weighing in grams. It was because I wasn't measuring at all.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Have you only been counting calories for one month? I find some months i lose more then others. How is your water intake and do you weight your food?
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Also, you might be retaining water. How is your sodium intake?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    8y3ywpiusi0p.jpg