Wedding Weight Loss

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm Taylor, from the UK. Getting married June 2018 and wanting to lose up to 21lbs by then.

Anyone else losing weight for wedding? Any advice, tips, guidance for keeping it off until then?

Thanks!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    supreeth86 wrote: »
    I would suggest cardio on empty stomach with good healthy meals through out the day.
    Intermittent fasting is another way to shed unwanted fat.

:huh:
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Use MFP to calculate your calories per day and stick to eating at a calorie deficit. Invest in a food scale and weigh and log everything you eat. How much you lose and how much you can eat depends on your size - no one thing will work for everyone.

I lost over 40lbs for my wedding, and one thing I learned was not to get your dress altered too early. Think my first alteration was about 3 months prior to my wedding, and I lost quite a bit after that so I had to have it altered again (and I had to pay for it again!) only a week before my wedding. Talk about stress. I didn't get my dress until 2 days prior to the big day. Make sure wherever you are getting your dress from can do it shortly before if need be!
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LDBianca wrote: »
    0n1d0qjqo9dw.jpg

I went from 135 to 118 pounds for my wedding. I highly recommend getting yourself a personal trainer - include it in the cost of your wedding! She/He will keep you on track to hit your goals for the big day.

If finances don't allow a trainer, I recommend a 3-1 strength training to cardio ratio.

Aim for 1700 calories a day broken into 120 g protein/60 g fat/170 g carbs.

That's what I did and I looked like that ^ on my wedding day.

Good luck and congratulations!!

how can you possibly tell the OP how much to eat when she hasn't given any stats?

That's why I first recommended getting a personal trainer.
    I suggested what I did because if she couldn't afford a trainer it's what I did and it worked a charm. It's a start if anything else!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I would suggest cardio on empty stomach with good healthy meals through out the day.

Super promising first post, supreeth86. None of that is required for weight loss.

Hi Taylor! MFP is a great site for losing weight. I suggest setting up your goals in the site and using the calorie counter to log your meals. Exercise is a great assistant to weight loss, but ultimately, it's how much you eat. Also, it might be helpful to think about it as "for the rest of your life" and not "for the wedding." I tried to lose weight before my wedding. I lost some, but was so stressed I didn't dedicate enough energy to it (short engagement, horrible relatives). Today I am swimming in my wedding dress and happy that I didn't crash diet for my wedding.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

If your total calorie deficit is the same at the end of the day, fasted cardio won't do much, if anything you won't be able to push as hard or do as long and actually end up burning less total calories, meaning you would have to eat less for the full day then if you just did non-fasted cardio.

IF isn't magic either, just a tool to use meet your calorie target. I would suggest eating "normally" first, and if you find yourself hungry then try something like IF.
  • taylorwatson1
    taylorwatson1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Taylor, from the UK. Getting married June 2018 and wanting to lose up to 21lbs by then.

Anyone else losing weight for wedding? Any advice, tips, guidance forkeeping it off until then?

Thanks!!

Instead of a temporary fix until the wedding, how about changing that attitude to "I want to be fit and maintain a healthy weight for life"?

Thanks - I'm actually at the top end of "healthy" under the NHS guidelines for my height and age, etc. and exercise regularly but for my special day I want to feel the best I can
  • taylorwatson1
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Anyone else losing weight for wedding? Any advice, tips, guidance forkeeping it off until then?

Thanks!!

Instead of a temporary fix until the wedding, how about changing that attitude to "I want to be fit and maintain a healthy weight for life"?

Personally, my wedding was my motivation to lose weight. It finally gave me the reason to stay consistent, whereas previously I'd always been a yo-yo dieter - post wedding I became more serious about training and went on to compete in bodybuilding. Successfully losing weight for my wedding, and maintaining consistency for so many months made me realise I could control my weight and physique, and didn't need to be controlled by food. (25kgs lost over about 9 months)

OP, get a calorie goal for weight loss from mfp. Make your rate of loss realistic. Add exercise - weight training will be beneficial. My husband supported me by eating similar food for the meals we shared (he ate extra at work, but that didn't phase me), and training with me. We made our eating habits and training our lifestyle together, and it did turn in to something that continued after the wedding.

Also remember that your fiancé is marrying the person you are - he loves you and wants to be with you regardless of your size or whether you lose weight or not. I understand wanting to feel and look amazing, but don't let it consume you. I work at many weddings, and the most beautiful brides aren't necessarily the ones with "perfect" physiques. The most beautiful are the ones that exude love and happiness, beaming from ear to ear about marrying their partner.

This is exactly how I feel - I seem to have yo yo'd within the same 20lb throughout the last couple of years and I'm just trying to stay at the lower end of this (around 9st 7) for my wedding. I'm generally active and fit but seemed to have let it slip recently - probably too much celebrating our engagement!!

Thanks so much for the lovely comment, it's really encouraged me
  • Kelsey214
    Kelsey214 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Anyone else losing weight for wedding? Any advice, tips, guidance for keeping it off until then?

Thanks!!

I have a June 2018 wedding too!!! June 8th!
    30 lbs down and 30 more to go for me. I find the exercise that really shreds off the weight is running.
  • taylorwatson1
    Options
    Kelsey214 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Thanks!!

I have a June 2018 wedding too!!! June 8th!
    30 lbs down and 30 more to go for me. I find the exercise that really shreds off the weight is running.

So exciting - congrats on the engagement and weight loss so far!
  • kasy_santana
    kasy_santana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also getting married next year in December. Hoping to loose 20 lbs by then. Congratulations!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the soon to be newlyweds!
  • LauraS92mfp
    LauraS92mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m getting married next November and would love to drop 10/14 pounds !! Have you got Jillian Michaels 30 days shred by any chance we could try and spur each other one !!