starting over

Options
Hey guys, Im on my 102897 attempt to loose weight, Ive found that Im too hard on myself and it causes me to loose my self encouragement. I was 227 when I started on Monday and Im already down 6 pounds. Instead of telling myself I cant eat something Im just limiting how much I eat. im going to stay at 1000-1200 calories a day and 1600 on the weekends. My biggest eating problems revolve around snacking, when Im just sitting at home watching tv, there is such a strong erg to snack. So, my snacks are now pickles and cheese lol.
Im looking for some weight loss friends to talk to about my journey

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We're happy to have you.

I want to gently ask you about one thing...you said that you're typically too hard on yourself, but you also say that you're aiming for 1000-1200 calories. That's incredibly extreme for someone of your stats; for comparison, I'm at about 118 pounds and I don't go nearly that low when I'm losing weight. Why not plug your stats into MFP and follow its instructions to lose 1.5 or 2 pounds per week?

Weight loss isn't about how low you can go with your calories; it's about how long you can stick with a deficit. Don't set yourself up to fail by going too hard on yourself now.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I would have to say that 1000 - 1200 calories a day is not enough food intake food. You should a calorie calculator to see what it gives you. http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am 160 and never go below 1200 for the day.
    You can do this. Give yourself some credit.
    Make friends and reach out to them for support.
  • Sarahandrews1221
    Sarahandrews1221 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! You all are talking about how low the calorie intake is, but its higher than my doctor recommended (she gave me a phamplet on a diet that was like 800 calories a day!! I threw that away pretty quickly) and Ive found that its actually pretty easy for me to stay in that range as long as I stay busy.
    Im so glad to have new weight loss friends!
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Sarahandrews1221
    Sarahandrews1221 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, how do I send a friend request? If I click on your picture it just gives me the option to send a message.
  • Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    When you click on the name it will pull another page click the name again and you will see a blue little man with a plus sign. Tap that and type your name and click the check mark on the right side