Trying to lose weigh fudging sucks.

Options
Not gonna say oh am so excited about this cuz am not.
I HATE exercising, I much rather eat very little and lose the weight, but yeah I know is unhealthy and it doesn't stick. So here I am. So yeah whatever tracking food yay!

Replies

• leonhnchan
    leonhnchan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You will love exercise once you see the results! :)
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    leonhnchan wrote: »
    You will love exercise once you see the results! :)

Agreed!

Hope you find an activity that you really love that you can stick to on a weekly basis.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    .... You don't need to exercise to lose weight. You just need to be in a calorie deficit.

Exercise is great for health though, and enables you to eat more. Incorporating resistance training will also help you maintain muscle as you lose weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight does indeed suck, but once you have learnt the basics, losing weight for real is almost effortless. Weightloss is nothing to be excited about, but it's also nothing to dread. It's only math, but it's also a mental game.

You don't have to exercise, but you need to eat less. This means that you have to take in fewer calories than you burn. MFP tells you how many calories you should take in to lose weight (but do aim for a reasonable weight loss rate, or else you'll be allotted too few calories), and provides you with at tool to track your intake. Now you just need a food scale, honesty, common sense, and patience.

Do NOT try to eat too little. YES, it is unhealthy, but it's also counterproductive because you'll end up cheating, and not lose as expected, or maybe not at all, and bingeing, and regain if you ever did lose anything.