Protein

Options
minstine
minstine Posts: 38 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Is there a certain amount of time that passes for protein to make you feel full? The only thing that fills me up is carbs?! And i would love to just throw a scoop of protein in my oatmeal but i cant have dairy or soy. Any good protein mix that is dairy,soy,nut free?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Not everyone finds that protein helps them feel fuller. For some people (including myself), carbohydrates are very satisfying.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Different people feel full with different macros.

Carbs, fibre in particular makes me feel full. You have to play around with your macros to see what %/g of each suits you better.

• minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh interesting. Its just every where you go now there's a proetin hype. They put it in everything now!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I find I'm fullest when I mix all 3.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    minstine wrote: »
    Oh interesting. Its just every where you go now there's a proetin hype. They put it in everything now!

It's very trend at the moment...

Protein is important...and when dieting, more than usual will help retain lean mass...but really, the whole protein thing has gotten pretty over the top. Really, any more than about 0.8 grams per Lb of body weight is overkill and not really adding any benefit...and really, that's pretty unnecessary IMO for most people. I typically get around 0.6-0.8 grams per Lb of my body weight...on average I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle and no worse for the wear.