I need a healthy dinner recipe.

Options
katismiles
katismiles Posts: 96 Member
i'd like to make either a recipe with chicken or a pizza recipe. I'm cooking for four people tonight and I really want to make something healthy and delicious. Thank you :)

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    pizza can be great! Look up a recipe for a while wheat honey and flax dough or something. Load it up with veggies and low fat mozzeralla,in fact maybe make it a chicken pizza?
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I sometimes use a FlatOut bread (the light is about 70-90 cals per piece) and make an individual pizza...my 5 year old loves it as he gets to make his own. Have you checked the Kraft Foods website. They have a nice healthy living section with some good recipes which includes the nutritional breakdown.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    great ideas thank you :D
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    French women dont get fat site has an awesomely classy champagne baked chicken recipe :love: - serve on a bed of brown rice cooked with some chicken stock and mushrooms and lots of veggies on the side (I would go for green beans or peas and perhaps some baked beetroot or carrots with this... but when it comes to veg you can really just go with your own preference :glasses: )
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    haven't tried this one myself but i hear it's good......

Cauliflower crust pizza

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*

1 egg

1 cup mozzarella cheese

1/2 tsp fennel

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp parsley

**pizza or alfredo sauce

toppings (make sure meats are cooked)

mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe). Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.

To make stuffed crust cheese: (add 3-4 cheese strings to above recipe list)

Bake the crust as above and remove the pan from the oven. Allow to cool slightly (15 minutes). Run a metal spatula around the outside edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan. Working with string cheese, peel each cheese string into 3-4 strips. Take each strip and place them around the perimeter of the crust, making sure all strips are touching (for a thicker edge, use half to an entire piece of cheese per section). Carefully, roll the edge of the crust over to cover the cheese, and press down into the top of the crust. Continue working around the pan until the entire pizza's edges have been folded and pressed over the cheese. Place pizza in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool completely. Continue adding toppings.