Currently 193 First Goal 170: Advice PLEASE

Options
I really like to start with a weight goal of 170 that would be a loss of 23 pounds. I am a very busy Mom of two boys under the age of two. I breastfeed and pump and I'm also a working Mom.

I've began a short workout session in the mornings to start the day but what are some helpful tips on loosing this weight and keeping it off?

I struggle with feeling hungry a lot and sugar cravings!

Replies

• bdiddy72
    bdiddy72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    don't starve yourself, eating more is usually better, then if your weigh inst going up and stabilizing then you can drop calories very conservatively, like by 20% max especially since your breastfeeding, how tall are you?
  • Hippy7791
    Hippy7791 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all so much!! :) and @bdiddy72 I am 5'4.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually keep dark chocolate or strawberry on hand for those intense sugar cravings. Different fruits work as well.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You might want to take a look at Intermittent Fasting. Im not sure if there are other considerations while breastfeeding but definitely make sure you are eating enough (you get 500 calories extra for that a day, plus your exercise Cals). IF I thought might help a busy mom because you spend a bit less time worrying about food, because you are eating less meals. But it all depends on what you find easier and sustainable. Just keep within the MFP target, eat back at least half your exercise calories, track carefully, and give it time. Trust the system and don't worry if you have weeks where it seems to not be working.
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like Oikos 0-0-0 strawberry yogurt with frozen pineapple as a snack. Provide protein and fiber with the slight sweetness - that's a treat for me.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I find the more protein and fibre I get in the day the less I crave high carb snacks. If I make sure I have a good amount of veggies with each meal (breakfast excluded) I find I tend to be more satisfied. I've also noticed that allowing a little more fat in my diet helps me to feel sated. I still stay within my calorie goals. For the times I want sweet stuff I use artificially sweetened things like Kool-aide drops in water etc.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    In your shoes I'd start with simply staying with the calorie goal MFP gave you to lose 1lb per week. Working out is great, but not needed for weight loss. Plan your meals and snacks ahead and log them to stay on track. I'm a busy working mom to 3 young kids so I can relate - having easy snack items on hand is a must for me (fresh fruit, beef jerky, skinny popcorn individual bags, sugar free gum). Good luck!