Another Day One

Options
60 pounds. 60 pounds weighing on my body, my bones, joints, feet, lungs, heart...mind, all of it. It is crushing me and I need to breathe again.

I haven't found the focus to stick to losing. So here I am again...another day 1.

Would you like to join me?

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day. Every morning is a fresh start. You can do it. The mind is the biggest hurdle
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What if you change your focus from something that only can happen to you, to something you actually can do? In fact, it's a no-doing: Every day, don't eat too much. MFP tells you how much you can eat to get in good nutrition and not be hungry, and lose weight. Stick to that. Eat food you like, but log it and hit your goal.
  • virgoconga
    virgoconga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I truly understand because when you can't focus it's hard to do anything in this world.
    Often we put to much on our goals or we see the big picture and get overwhelmed.
    Baby steps. Just take baby steps and your steps will increase.
    For example, when you wake up tomorrow morning just simply stretch for 3 minutes. Stretch for 5 min before bed time. Improved circulation is the true start and this is a very easy start. And over the next week increase your stretching according to how you feel.
    Brisk walking everywhere helps because walking is natural and see do it everyday.
    Make smart food choices during the day but don't beat yourself up when you choose 1 cookie over a carrot 1 or 2 times a week.
    Remember getting healthy is a process and all processes take time don't rush.
    My fitness pal is a super great way to monitor and watch your growth. It's helped me reach my goals and the communities also help.
    And no I don't work for them LOL!!! It's just a good support tool.
    If I can be of any assistance you can reach me at virgoconga@outlook.com.
    You got this.
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 60lbs is a familiar number, it was the amount of fat my last body scan told me I was lugging around everyday. That was last month, getting another scan next week and hoping for a drop!
  • Taimeinhappy
    Taimeinhappy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Does every time you start here start the same? So many people place the end result on the wrong thing.

Thats how fad diets work.

Person X tries fad diet and loses Y amount of pounds, After some time the diet becomes too hard to keep with because of its ridiculous restrictions so person X gives up and regains weight again, Person X gets motivation again and thinks they just need to go back to fad diet and try harder because it worked the last time.

Truth is, Fad diet didn't work the last time and you didn't need to try harder you just put your effort into a failing avenue, find a new avenue, one that isn't hard to stick to and that resembles what you are used to but changed to fit your calorie goal.

I don't think I fad diet. Unless MFP is considered a fad diet. But weighing everything can be such a chore. I'm a perfectionist and I get anxious if I can be perfect, so I stopped eating out since I couldn't weigh everything. I lost 40 pounds, but all but 15 of those pounds came back.
  • Taimeinhappy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    virgoconga wrote: »
    I truly understand because when you can't focus it's hard to do anything in this world.
    Often we put to much on our goals or we see the big picture and get overwhelmed.
    For example, when you wake up tomorrow morning just simply stretch for 3 minutes. Stretch for 5 min before bed time. Improved circulation is the true start and this is a very easy start. And over the next week increase your stretching according to how you feel.
    Brisk walking everywhere helps because walking is natural and see do it everyday.
    Make smart food choices during the day but don't beat yourself up when you choose 1 cookie over a carrot 1 or 2 times a week.
    My fitness pal is a super great way to monitor and watch your growth. It's helped me reach my goals and the communities also help.
    You got this.

Thank you for this.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    you cant have day 2 without day 1! if you stumble, get right back up!
  • jennardurney
    jennardurney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    virgoconga wrote: »
    You got this.

I totally am on baby steps... track calories and walk 30 minutes a day. I dont beat myself up if i go over, though it helps me make smarter decisions... i ask myself "do i want to put donut into my calorie trackerm"
  • Taimeinhappy
    Options
    Thank you very much for the suggestions everyone!!!
  • Taimeinhappy
    Options
    Still looking for fun and happy humans to be buddies with!
  • jenriggs46615
    jenriggs46615 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    60 pounds. 60 pounds weighing on my body, my bones, joints, feet, lungs, heart...mind, all of it. It is crushing me and I need to breathe again.

I haven't found the focus to stick to losing. So here I am again...another day 1.

Would you like to join me?

I am right there with you. I lost almost 20 pounds, but then all motivation was lost for about 3 months. Thankfully, I only put back on a couple pounds during this time.

Last night, I deleted my MFP account and started fresh. I felt like I had gotten so sloppy with logging, etc that my "reports" were all out of whack. I think this contributed to my lack on interest.

Fresh starts for the both of us. Good luck moving forward!
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My most recent day 1 was 11 days ago. Initial loss 3 years ago was 20 lbs but when I shifted to maintenance I got lazy and then, behind injuries and not working out and emo eating, yoyo-ed through 2 years of 3- to 40- day "Day 1" restarts until I gained all but 4 pounds back.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Planning to stick with it this time, sending you a FR - and @jenriggs46615 as well.
  • Taimeinhappy
    Options
    My most recent day 1 was 11 days ago. Initial loss 3 years ago was 20 lbs but when I shifted to maintenance I got lazy and then, behind injuries and not working out and emo eating, yoyo-ed through 2 years of 3- to 40- day "Day 1" restarts until I gained all but 4 pounds back.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Planning to stick with it this time, sending you a FR - and @jenriggs46615 as well.

Thank you, it certainly feels like sometimes I'm alone. I'm sure everyone feels that way sometimes.