• Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »
    whats wrong with MFPs default macros?

It tells me to eat 50% carbs and 30% protein and 20% fat.
    50% of my daily intake is 300 grams of carbs, that's what it shows

So, to lose 1lb per week (which is a completely realistic goal), mfp recommends you eat 2400 calories. Why then did you decide to eat 1500?

Stop restricting yourself - it may seem like a good plan to have such a big deficit, but in the long term it's probably going to cause more issues than its worth! Eat a sensible amount of protein, sufficient fat, and don't be scared of carbs.

Yeah it recommended 2400 cal a week and lots of carbs and saturated fat and that's what i was scated of. No one recommends saturated fat in a fat loss diet.
    And yeah i was having dinner now lol and i was so hungry so i had a 500 grams of grilled chicken with 1 slice of vegeterian pizza and 250 grams of salad.
    I'm having like 20 grams of fat a day.
    Who is "no one"? That wouldn't be those who scare you? YOU HAVE TO EAT ENOUGH AND THAT INCLUDES FAT, AND SATURATED FAT AND CARBS ARE NOT EVIL. EATING TOO MUCH IS WHAT MADE YOU GAIN WEIGHT.

20 grams of fat is terribly, dangerously low.

Have you considered why you may be so hungry that you want to binge? Have you tried to figure out if that is healthy?

I was checking and doing some researches on the internet and found the the saturated fat is dangerous for the heart and ]can cause heart attacks if eaten in huge amounts, and because my doctor said to me that i might get diabetes if i keep that weight so i thought it's better to eat less carbs and fats so i can loss the weight faster. You'll never know i mean,, but really i'm too young to have diabetes.
    Thanks
    Internet research can lead to the conclusion that the earth is flat, too. You have to understand what you are reading and hearing: can cause does not mean will cause, and if eaten in huge amounts means that normal amounts will not have the effect. When your doctor told you to lose weight, he disn't specify HOW you should do it, but I imagine that he didn't mean you should do it unhealthily. You lose weight when you reduce calories. You are NOT supposed to lose weight too fast. Too fast = unhealthy. You will NOT lose weight faster by cutting any particular macro group or nutrients. What's effective, is whatever you can stick to for the long haul. Humans NEED a certain minimum of a range of nutrients every day, the amounts are pretty universally based on metrics such as sex, age, height, weight, activity level. Individuals LIKE somewhat different menus and lifestyles, and you can do what you like. But you should NOT pursue something you THINK YOU HAVE TO DO that you hate and also IN FACT UNHEALTHY. Educate yourself. You do that by being open when people try to tell you reasonable things, not by reading woo and scaremongering.

Man you're right and you keep me motivated everytime i feel like *kitten*.
    My doctor told me to eat carbs in the morning with protein. And not to eat carbs after 6 and i'll loss the weight and ofcourse with exercising.
    I'm still looming for healthy diets on the internet and i couldn't find anything that fits me. And yeah tbh i never took someones advice, and i admit that i'm not losing the weight in a healthy way. I am educated lol but i'm confused about how to calculate
    Okay, so your doctor is a bit of a quack. No need to complicate things like that.
    You have to stitch together a plan for yourself.

Most people don't get their strong, but false, beliefs challenged. Even very intelligent, educated people. Because beliefs aren't about knowledge and reasoning, but about feelings and values. You are lucky. You have found a collection of highly successful people. But we can't persuade you to believe anything different than you already do. Just question your beliefs. Don't swallow everything whole. Chew on it. Apply common sense. Are you starting to have doubts? Good. Doubt is good. Doubt lets you grow and learn and find new and better answers.

Yep when i got this app and started looking at all the support and advices i got from you and everyone on this app i got motivated and wanted to continue what i've started, everytime i feel like i wonna give up i just open this app and read what people say.
    I always tell myself everyday in the morning i wonna change my lifestyle but then i feel worried about the foods i eat and if they're healthy or not, i just got it in my brain that what i eat is not healthy and it bothers me when i wonna have a snack or something,,, that's why i have problems with cutting the carbs and fats..
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I dunno if you've read the link you were given yet, but doing the math it looks like you should aim for at least 75-100 grams of fat a day. That's a minimum number you should try to reach every day and go over for your health.

There's no minimum amount of carbs that you need daily. Have as many or as few as you want as long as you're reaching your other goals. Dieters have been successful with anything between 5% and 85% carbs. It's really just about what makes you feel best.

Read the resources you've been given. Trust the process. Stop stressing out about the minor details.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    3 years ago when I started my weight loss journey, before I even knew MFP existed I used an app on my phone that used Weight Watchers Pro-points System to count calories. I gave no consideration to my macros at all, as long as I stayed within my pro-points calorie intake I was happy, and I lost well over 60 pounds using it. Stop fixating so much on the macros and worry more about your basic calorie intake.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    The recommended ranges for dietary fat I have read have been between .35 and .6 g of fat per lb bodyweight.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with MFPs default macros?

It tells me to eat 50% carbs and 30% protein and 20% fat.
    50% of my daily intake is 300 grams of carbs, that's what it shows

So, to lose 1lb per week (which is a completely realistic goal), mfp recommends you eat 2400 calories. Why then did you decide to eat 1500?

Stop restricting yourself - it may seem like a good plan to have such a big deficit, but in the long term it's probably going to cause more issues than its worth! Eat a sensible amount of protein, sufficient fat, and don't be scared of carbs.

Yeah it recommended 2400 cal a week and lots of carbs and saturated fat and that's what i was scated of. No one recommends saturated fat in a fat loss diet.
    And yeah i was having dinner now lol and i was so hungry so i had a 500 grams of grilled chicken with 1 slice of vegeterian pizza and 250 grams of salad.
    I'm having like 20 grams of fat a day.

I just wanted to address the bolded... Yes, High fat, and high saturated fat, can be recommended for wight loss. That is a LCHF (low carb high fat) diet, or a ketogenic diet (very low carb), or Atkins, or Protein Power. It can work.

I lost 40 lbs in about 5 months eating 70-75% fat, or over 100g of fat, a day. Really.

I think high fat is only bad if you eat bad fats (trans fats or some vegetable oils cooked at high heat) or when high fat is paired with high carb (or high sugar) which seems to lead to overeating in many people.

Don't restrict fat too much. You need it for hormones and vitamins. 20g of fat is really quite low, possibly too low.