Weight loss is not easy

Options
Hey evryone ..i am Dr junaid ali..i just wanna say something to all of you who want to lose weight...i was 93 kg just 2 weeks ago and believe it really sucks when you are over weight .i tried to do dieting many times but its outcome was always short lived.i started gym two weeks ago with strict diet and with two weeks of strenous workout i lost 8 kg.i am not saying my body is perfect now but surely it i am on the right path.i just want to say it requires sheer determination and consistency .so get up guys and achieve your goals .

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey evryone ..i am Dr junaid ali..i just wanna say something to all of you who want to lose weight...i was 93 kg just 2 weeks ago and believe it really sucks when you are over weight .i tried to do dieting many times but its outcome was always short lived.i started gym two weeks ago with strict diet and with two weeks of strenous workout i lost 8 kg.i am not saying my body is perfect now but surely it i am on the right path.i just want to say it requires sheer determination and consistency .so get up guys and achieve your goals .

You lost a load of water weight, well done.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is easy. Purposefully starving and exhausting oneself is hard.

What kind of dr are you?
  • junaidalikhan1823
    junaidalikhan1823 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Idk what makes u people think that weight loss is an easy task ...can someone enlighten me plz?
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Depends on the method used to achieve the loss I suppose.
    At my present rate of 1/2 lb per week...it has been very very easy and I haven't really deprived myself of anything or worked particularly harder in the gym then I have for 20 yrs anyway.
    Trying to lose weight in a short time frame and making radical changes to patterns of behavior (both eating and exercise) is almost always very difficult and not long lasting.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Idk what makes u people think that weight loss is an easy task ...can someone enlighten me plz?

What makes you think it's hard?

I don't think dieting is difficult. I enjoy the jigsaw puzzle that is IIFYM. I enjoy the food I eat. I like achieving my goals.
    I do exercise I enjoy (most of the time) and it's part of my lifestyle.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

I ate the amount of calories suggested by MFP to lose weight, and exercised moderately. That is pretty easy in my book.
  • jennardurney
    jennardurney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think making new habits is the hard part. I know if I put my mind to it, I can loose weight quickly. Its keeping up and sustaining the weight loss that is hard. I dislike when people say weight loss is easy. It is a lot of work to convince yourself to do something different than the past however many years youve done it. For instance, I find it hard to exercise every day, especially when it is cold out and early in the morning. Its not something I am used to and I have to have a coversation with myself as to why I need to get up at 5:45 to exercise. I am greatful to have this community to help celebrate my successes and empathize in my failures.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    changing a habit is hard. How hard depends on how much you want to change. Example is it's not TOO difficult for me, but I have to be intentional, since I only made a few changes. Right now I'm eating teriyaki grilled boneless/skinless chicken thighs with Italian cut green beans with Parmesan cheese on it & small piece of baguette with butter. Before mfp, my typical meal was the same kind of chicken but sauted in olive oil with onions, veggies then I would add something like cream cheese & eat it on big pile of rice. I'd eat twice a day but now I eat 5-6 times a day (snacks included) I weigh & eat rice once in a while & a whole lot more veggies. I've always exercised but now I do more but for some ppl who are making drastic changes, it can be very difficult. I rarely drank soda or ate processed foods or ate out, but it can be hard to stop or cut down those for those who are used to doing that regularly & WANT to stop as part of their wt loss. I have a friend with fibromyalgia who got me started on mfp, she lost 70lbs with only some water aerobics. I know you don't have to exercise to lose wt, it's a small % of wt loss. Also you have to develop new eating HABITS that you can live with for the rest of your life, so you should only eliminate those foods you plan on giving up & learn to work the rest into your daily meal plan
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    no, it's not easy, otherwise there wouldn't be hardly any overweight ppl & mfp wouldn't be needed. Welcome & glad you're here
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's only not easy because people complicate it.

You can eat any foods you like in moderation. Have a takeaway once in a while with the calories you've saved up during the week.
    Have a scoop of ice cream to finish off your day.

The problem is people try to live on salad then or restrict calories to a ridiculously low level then they end up binging and giving up.

Weight loss is simple maths and science.
  • lizzie2769
    lizzie2769 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi. Weight loss is easy when you know how to. Once you are knowledgeable about it, you can do it on your own. However, motivation is a must. Set smaller target because it is easier to achieve and this will make you happy as this indicate you are successful. Sometimes you'll get carried away but remember to come back on track.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have the opposite of mindset.. To me, weightloss is easy. Dedication and consistency is easier when you aren't overly restrictive, and when you're achieving your goals.

To me, maintenance is more difficult and requires me to have more drive and focus.

For so long I thought losing weight was hard. As soon as I found MFP I couldn't believe how easy it was. Honestly, it's so easy.

I think the problem is that people have no idea about CICO. In schools they teach kids that as long as you eat enough vegetables and fruits you'll be healthy and that's it.

I don't even think of CICO as "dieting". I'm just "eating a bit less" I say lol

People make losing weight way more difficult then it needs to be. My mother even saw how easily I was losing weight and jumped on the MFP wagon. Now she can't believe how easy it is lol

I'll be heading to maintenance soon and I'm starting to plan now. I upped my calories to lose 1lb a week instead of 2 and I'll probably put it down to 0.5lbs soon enough. I love losing weight! LOL I'm so happy I found MFP.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Losing weight is "simple" but definitely not easy. It's kind of weird to see people arguing that it is. I've lost 130lbs and have been at this for many years. I'll be the first one to tell you, willpower is a limited resource, life happens, and sometimes you have to dig so deep to not eat the pizza that it hurts.

With that said, it's totally possible, and it makes us stronger people for it. Best of luck OP. We all have this!
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    MFP is the way to go.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Weight loss may be challenging in the beginning for many because they have to change their lifestyle. Once people become habitual and consistent, it's not too hard.
    The issue for most is that once they reach their goal, they've conceded that they FINISHED and many go back to the lifestyle that got them overweight in the first place. They let up and many even flat out quit doing what they were doing to lose weight and kept their eating under control. And unfortunately, that CANNOT be the approach after.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png