Goals

Options
Hey all,

My story is the same as most of you here. I'm way too big and need to get back into a shape that is less round.

My motivation had been non existent for a while despite my head knowing what I should do. Though this changed a couple of weeks ago when I decided to set myself a goal. It happened to be 70 days until Christmas so I challenged myself to cut out processed sugar for those 70 days. I have also joined the gym and have been swimming but intend doing yoga and strength training too.

Anyway that's about it for now. Would love to chat to others on the same journey.

Replies

• Taimeinhappy
    Taimeinhappy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My motivation likes to run away from me too! Feel free to add me!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, a lesser known part of that story is that we do a lot of unnecessary things, and rely on unreliable things.
    We often think we have to train hard, and cut out everything we like. Most of us think motivation can come to us if we pray for it and that it will stick if we are "good". Reality is not like that. To lose weight and get fit, we need enough, but not too much food, moderate activity, consistency and patience.

Processed sugar is processed from plants, so it's the same sugar that you'll find in fruit end vegetables. You can exercise in a number of ways, but the most effective exercise is the one you'll actually continue, and you'll only continue something you like.

What has worked for me, is to eat all the foods I like, but not too much at once and over time. I also mostly stick to normal daily activity. I have lost 50 pounds and kept them off for 3 years now, doing this. For comparison, I struggled with my weight for more than 20 years, trying to do all the things I was "supposed to" do.
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Though this changed a couple of weeks ago when I decided to set myself a goal.

Great first step, setting a goal is critical for getting you where you want to be :smile: