Back and restarting (military, roleplayer, geek, streamer, ADD)

Options
Hi all of you MFP'ers.

Myself i'm a Danish viking, work as an instructor in the danish national guard. I love roleplaying games, and computers, and i spend alot of time streaming on twitch and making youtube videos.

i had a good streak going last year for 3 months straight, but then life decided to kick me down.
But now i have fought my way back up and i'm starting again.

Bought myself a slow cooker, so i can make my chicken and meat taste better. And so i can be lazy with preparation. I hate doing things in the kitchen that takes a long time, unless i need to spoil a lady.

This time around, my approach is different, as i will be focusing more on low carb and keto, to test out the effects on my ADD. Also throw in some intermittent fasting at times, as i like the benefits and it's nice to have days off.

anyways, i could use some new friends here, to hang out with and help motivate and keep me motivated.

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love my slow cooker. Chicken just falls off the bone with basically no input from me other than the chicken and the herbs and spices. I am also trying low carb and intermittent fasting. Oh...and I like RPGs and FPSs. Mostly RPG though, when I have the time to sit down for a session
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So...there's an RPG Ilvermorny Health/Wellness Challenge here on MFP about to start up for another term with lots of nerds and geeks.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/40712259

• NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Welcome back fellow geek! Life is pesky like that getting in the way of our goals and stuff. :p

I love my kitchen gadgets, too. What games are you into at the moment? I'm a tabletop gamer mostly, as time for video games are pretty rare lately. I really love the social aspect that goes along with gaming most times. :smile:
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What's your YouTube channel?
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome back fellow geek! Life is pesky like that getting in the way of our goals and stuff. :p

I love my kitchen gadgets, too. What games are you into at the moment? I'm a tabletop gamer mostly, as time for video games are pretty rare lately. I really love the social aspect that goes along with gaming most times. :smile:

just been playing destiny for the last few days, having fun with that for awhile, while waiting for Star Citizen 3.0 update to hit us. Then i get to explore the universe.

thinking about streaming me playing the old AD&D games that i just got from GOG..

and i'm thinking about starting a live stream DnD gaming group...

As to your question MeechyLA, my channel is pretty bare right now, but it's youtube.com/duckforceone