I've gained it all back!

Options
Hello. Two years ago today I started my weight loss journey, the pounds came off so easily. Then last year I stopped doing Myfitnesspal because I thought "I know how to eat." Well obviously I don't. I went from 206lbs to 154lbs, I was happy, glowing and finally felt comfortable in my body. This last year has been an emotional time for our family and my husband did not like they way I looked. Today I am 186lbs and feel depressed about my self. We have moved to England from Florida so my life has changed totally. We are living with my MIL until our house is done, so I eat what she cooks. I really have to snap out of this funk. Also, I did not exercise at all because I have had 3 major back surgeries. Thanks for listening to me. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Just wrote you a longer post and lost it!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    And now my whole post above only posted the first line! Not sure what is going on.

You've been through a lot of big changes recently. Take small steps, and don't be so hard on yourself.

Good luck!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Your husband did not like the way you looked? Hmmmmm, I would have to wonder about that. Might be time to think about what is best for you.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You haven't gained it all back since you are at 186 instead of 204. You have had your wake up call and can change what your doing now. Give yourself a break and regroup! Moving countries, living with your Mother in law, Wow thats a lots of stress. You got this!
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    you have had 3 major back surgeries, moved across the world, and changed everything up...

to not have gained it all back and more, is an amazing win. Most people would fail miserably with that many things pounding on you...

see it as a success, and get back on track...
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Watch your portions for sure!
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. Maybe not EXACTLY there (back surgery..ouch) but we've lost and regained and had upsets in our lives. But you are back now and that's what matters. Life will always throw the curve balls.. You swing better and hit harder as you gain wisdom through it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    And now my whole post above only posted the first line! Not sure what is going on.

You've been through a lot of big changes recently. Take small steps, and don't be so hard on yourself.

Good luck!

Did you use an emoji? Mfp doesn't like emojis other than its own, and cuts off all text you write after

OP - moving to the UK is a massive change! Could you perhaps offer to share the cooking with your MIL? At least you'd have some control over some meals?
    You mention not being able to exercise, but are you able to try and move more? Go for walks etc