Keeping Motivated

Options
So I’ve lost fifty pounds which is good but my motivation has dwindled a bit. I find myself doing well but at least once a week my friends and I will party or watch the game and I eat a ton. What are ways that you say NO to food offered at gatherings?

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a diet break? It would be a chance to have a break and regain your motivation.
  • allierat84
    allierat84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Look at progress pictures to keep motivation up. You have to decide you want to be healthy or slim more than you want to party and eat lots. If you know you're going to be a bit excessive with food or drink then do lots of exercise prior to the event to earn it.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fickle and unreliable. You just have to decide that you want to reach your goals, how you want to do that and cultivate the self discipline from within.

That said, you can still indulge in fun with your friends. You just have to moderate it to fit your caloric needs. And even if you do go over from time to time, it won't affect progress in the long term unless you're consistently eating at or over your maintenance calories. Relax and enjoy yourself. Track it and keep moving!