Slimming wold

I joined slimming world three weeks ago but I am feeling frustrated at the slow weight loss, has anyone tried and lost successfully?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    What is slow, are your expectations realistic, what's your height and weight? Are you logging your intake, how many calories are you eating on average?
  • jocster
    jocster Posts: 5 Member
    I'm a 5ft 4inch female with a BMI of 36, I have about 4 stone to lose. In three weeks I've only lost 5lb, I am logging food on MFP and actually three years ago lost 3 stone by doing this but have joined SW as felt I needed more motivation.
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    SW and WW don't seem to teach portion control, how can potatoes and pasta be "free"? Count calories, far more effective and help make better food choices.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited October 2017
    the only free calorie "food" is water
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    canarysal wrote: »
    SW and WW don't seem to teach portion control, how can potatoes and pasta be "free"? Count calories, far more effective and help make better food choices.

I don't know about Slimming World, but on WW pasta and potatoes aren't free (at least not on the plans that I was on). Non starchy vegetables are free, and fruit is free (which I agree can be dangerous) but potatoes and pasta? No.
  • rsergeant79
    rsergeant79 Posts: 45 Member
    I lost 8.5 stone doing SW am maintaining now so for me it worked!
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    What are you eating? How many calories?
  • PurpleCrazies
    PurpleCrazies Posts: 13 Member
    I am doing Slimming World and have lost over a stone since starting. I track CICO on here but I follow the SW healthy eating plan and in theory count syns. I have a lot to loose so keep a mental track of syns and don't game the system but I am not obsessive about them.
    I do watch the amount of Carb I eat as it is something I can binge majorly on and can consume vast quantities of. And I avoid cakes, crisps and sweets. I actually struggle to make 1000 calories some days and rarely feel hungry.

Most weeks I loose at least 2lb and have lost more several times.