The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Fitwithit80
    Fitwithit80 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    36 here, feel free to addme
  • MrsVierkant
    MrsVierkant Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi All! 48 here. I did MFP for a few years but took a break. Life changes have me working from home and around food too much. I need to get back on track. I’m a runner, do yoga and Pilates, strength training and HIIT. I also use FitBit as part of my healthy living. I don’t use special diets, just practice moderation. If you’d like to add me, that would be great!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Kriek, Kriek, Kriek, Kriek, kriek
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi there..trying to recommit to losing pounds. From Calgary, AB. Feel free to add me. Good luck to all!
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Hi! So glad I'm not the only one here today
  • amrinaara
    amrinaara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • brute_f0rce
    brute_f0rce Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to hit 40. I've lost about 50 pounds over the last two years, and looking to add friends for support/motivation to lose 20-30 more. Please feel free to send me a friend request!
  • BohoVegGirl
    BohoVegGirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm 44, and have lost 138 lbs in 10 months eating a plant-based diet.
  • bluesmanhart6679
    bluesmanhart6679 Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    48 here, and oh where did the years go? kids are grown and i'm just trying to get a bit healthier. Started c25k app this week. legs are sore but happy.
  • KolleenS
    KolleenS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @ karijo475 Thank you for the welcome!

I'm sure I'm at at impasse now. Had a severe life altering upset one month ago tomorrow and that caused me to lose my appetite. I was already doing well losing weight and liking myself, but then this happened. When I stopped eating I dropped pounds but we all know that's temporary because starvation is not a way to lose weight. Plus all the nervous energy I had, I couldn't stop walking and moving around, losing even more calories.

Now I'm back on forcing at least 1200 calories a day and my weight is stalled. I guess that's better than going up!

I'm sticking to it and hopefully the scale will move sooner than later.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    48 here, and oh where did the years go? kids are grown and i'm just trying to get a bit healthier. Started c25k app this week. legs are sore but happy.

Best time to start is yesterday. The second best time to start is now... Or at least that's what the memes say. Sore legs are good!
  • CiTyTiLiDie67
    CiTyTiLiDie67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    reached the big 5.0. I'm sure it's getting harder :p good luck guys x
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • HeyEmilio
    HeyEmilio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Joined a 4 week body fat percentage loss competition @ work that ends on Monday morning, down 14 lbs and 3%, cardio in the mornings and lifting in the afternoons, wish me luck. :smile:

I'm 40 by the way.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    HeyEmilio wrote: »
    Joined a 4 week body fat percentage loss competition @ work that ends on Monday morning, down 14 lbs and 3%, cardio in the mornings and lifting in the afternoons, wish me luck. :smile:

I'm 40 by the way.

Good Luck! :smile:
  • CvilleRunner
    CvilleRunner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Is this group still open and having discussions?
    I'd like to be added, if so.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Hi. Welcome. Consider yourself added (I say as if I didn't only join a few days ago myself)
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'll be 56 in 2 more weeks. Just added you as a friend.......... :smile:
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    How do you add people?

Click on their name under their photo on the left, click on their name again in the popup that appears, then click the big green "Add as friend" button.

Thanx, I was wondering the same thing