Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• amymaree1010
    amymaree1010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Motivation is probably the biggest hurdle that I am trying to get over in terms of my weight loss aspirations. I have been at this weight for a few years with only a small amount of fluctuation from time to time - or when the motivation really strikes :p

I turn 21 in October and I want to be the best shape i can be - starting with smashing away some weight in August!

I don't have access to scales at the moment as i am away at University - but i will be home in a few days and will check then.

I've pretty much stayed at about 65kgs for the past few years and i want to lose at least 2.5 kgs this August.

Please help me stay on track!!! I just have to keep thinking of my goal before i put that bad food in my mouth :p

My ultimate goal is to be sub 60kgs

Amy xoxo
  • beyerlma
    beyerlma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I am so frustrated with myself for backsliding so much this year. I have a month or so to get back in shape before school resumes and ROTC comes with it. I CAN'T begin the school year in the shape I'm in. No way.

So! With that:

Starting weight as of 8/1/11: 157lbs.
    Goal weight for 8/31/11: 147lbs. (145lbs by 9/6 - perhaps a little high, but it's go time.)
    Personal goal: work out at least 5 days a week and no more food after 8:00pm.

Good luck, everyone!
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in :happy:

SW: 210
    GW: 205 (lower would be nice :happy: )
    Personal Goal: To workout at least 5-6 days a week. Drink more water.

I've never actually set a goal for myself before, so we'll see how this pans out. :wink: I should be finishing up Jillian's 30 Day Shred in a few days, would like to start in on Jillian's Ripped in 30. I'll also be trying to supplement in more calorie burn with Leslie Sansone. :happy:
    (Eventually, I'm hoping to get my hands on ChaLean Extreme & then after that... maybe TurboFire. Got to squirrel away money for that... :heart: :laugh: )
  • Mentzerj
    Mentzerj Posts: 44
    Options
    SW: 224.5
    GW for August: 215

I suppose my goal for the month would be to get in more cardio, am doing hour sessions w/ a personal trainer 3/times a week but I need to be better about off day cardio.
  • chigirl_j
    chigirl_j Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would like in this great group!

SW: 211 8/3/12

Mini Goal : 198 by 9/30/11

Mini Goal 2: 170 by 12/23/11

That's enough goal setting tonight!

Good luck & good night
  • whodatgrl
    whodatgrl Posts: 111
    Options
    Im in so here goes

Aug SW 127.4lbs
    miniGW 123.4lbs by 8/31/11(1lb a week for a total of 4lbs for Aug)
    Aug goal: 1. exercise 6 days a week
    2. Control weekend eating
    3. Log in every day, except for my 1 NO LOG DAY(anyday typically Sat or Sun)
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Aug SW: 164 lbs
    End of Aug GW: 156 lbs
    Challenge: Exercise daily for at least 30 mins

I just ordered 30DS as well, so I'm hoping to do that daily, but if I go camping for a weekend I plan on going for a nice walk/hike to make up for it.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well I think I'm doing ok except for a slight chocolate slip up yesterday but my net calories were 1400 so it could have been worse.

I'm heading onto day 3 of the 30 day shred and looking forward to it, going to jump to level 2 on saturday morning as I'm finding level 1 fine and don't think I need to do the 10 days, I'll just do extra days on level 2 and 3.

Drinking my water allowance each day and managing to fit in fruit and veg where I can, I'm feeling quite positive - off to have a tuna sald for lunch :)
  • emyjane84
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my Ri30 dvd to arrive so I can get started doing this workout. The last couple of days has been good. Recently I finished my 30 day shred. I've been able to drink up to 8 cups of water so far. I've also been trying to up my protein a little bit. And today I decided to weigh myself this morning and I've lost 2.7 pounds so far! o_o
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my Ri30 dvd to arrive so I can get started doing this workout. The last couple of days has been good. Recently I finished my 30 day shred. I've been able to drink up to 8 cups of water so far. I've also been trying to up my protein a little bit. And today I decided to weigh myself this morning and I've lost 2.7 pounds so far! o_o

wow, that's fantastic considering we are on day 3!
  • MissKash
    MissKash Posts: 132
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge that is still open. Starting a little late, but would love to join. I have to get back on track.

Starting at.-279.4
    Goal wt- 271.4

Goal- 80 oz water daily, at least 3 fruits/veggies daily. Exercise at least 3x weekly for 30+ min.

I plan to weigh in on Wednesday since I'm starting on a Wednesday. Is that ok?
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I need all the support and motivation I can get. I had a baby 8 weeks ago and I am ready to start loosing weight. Ive already lost 27lbs since I gave birth but I still need to loose more.

SW as of 08/01: 193
    Goal for Aug: 180
    Self-Challenge: Workout everyday and eat well...stay away from the donuts and cookies!!!
    you've lost 27lbs. since giving birth is great ! My weight is from pregnancy too.....my oldest will be 21 next month :laugh: :laugh: and my youngest is 16. I am the shortest person in my house at 5'9" and almost the heaviest. My 16 yr. old is 6"3" and 203. So I just passed him. Now to get under the other three. I guess I have another goal :embarassed We can do it ..keep on moving !
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!

SW 138
    Goal for August 134
    Goals-Continue Insanity (in week 4 right now), bench press 50lbs (used to bench 75 but had an injury that took me back to no benching for a yr plus). Exercise 6 days a week and control my eating when we are on vacation in mid August.

My name is Cheri, mom to 2, overweight my whole dang adult life.
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that I am so full of energy and determination that I had a great 1st day!!! I did 30 min on treadmill and 30 on eliptical!! Plus I stayed within my calories.

Today I did 50 min on the treadmill and danced for 30 min.

Does anyone do the Zumba..have been thinking about buying it.

My downfall.....I dont drink enough water. I need to go fill my cup now..
    :laugh:

Great job!!!!

I do Zumba and I love it! My abs are still sore from my Sunday class. My Zumba instructor even said that if we didn't feel it in our abs the next day, we didn't do it right. I guess I did it right! LOL

I am going to run out and do the Zumba thanks for your recommendation.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

I surpassed my water goal yesterday, 10 cups baby! HUGE accomplishment for me. Hoping to do the same today. And I'm also hoping to finally finish week 3 of c25k today. I struggled with day 3, so I'm doing it over. I want to nail it before I move on!
  • Maranwae
    Maranwae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this. I think it might be a lot easier to stick to my goals knowing others will be behind me.

Current weight: 150.6lbs/69.4kg
    Goal weight: 145lbs/65.8kg
    Personal Goal: Do my yoga videos 3x a week.
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I need all the support and motivation I can get. I had a baby 8 weeks ago and I am ready to start loosing weight. Ive already lost 27lbs since I gave birth but I still need to loose more.

SW as of 08/01: 193
    Goal for Aug: 180
    Self-Challenge: Workout everyday and eat well...stay away from the donuts and cookies!!!
    you've lost 27lbs. since giving birth is great ! My weight is from pregnancy too.....my oldest will be 21 next month :laugh: :laugh: and my youngest is 16. I am the shortest person in my house at 5'9" and almost the heaviest. My 16 yr. old is 6"3" and 203. So I just passed him. Now to get under the other three. I guess I have another goal :embarassed We can do it ..keep on moving !

lol...you made me laugh!! Although thats my situation as well... I had baby weigh prior to my new baby...see I also have a 13 and a 15 year old. So I need to loose all the baby weight about 20lbs for each one.lol I am so excited I cheated and weighed myself this morning and I am already down 2 additional lbs!!! It seems what I am doing is working!!!! We can do it!!!
  • lrbarr
    lrbarr Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm in too! First Challenge and really need it!

Start weight: 144lb
    Goal weight for Aug.: 139lb
    Personal goal: finish 30 Day Shred and better food choices (less packaged foods)
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Maybe going on record will help motivate me! My goal for August is to track everything (which I've never succeeded at before), and cut out diet soda!

SW: 189
    GW: 180 (unlikely, but I guess we'll see!)
  • emyjane84
    Options
    wow, that's fantastic considering we are on day 3!

haha yeah i guess. xD. the last time i weighed myself was on sunday and i had lost a pound. and earlier on, another pound. i had upped my calories that day so it might have helped me a little. ^^ also i haven't had any coca cola, biscuits, chocolate, cakes or crisps since sunday so i'm doing well so far i think! xDD.