Replies

• maizy66
    maizy66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 4" 10 weigh 12stone nine
  • kalista2193
    kalista2193 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and trying to lose 20lbs. I'm a stay at home mum at the min so VERY in active. So my tdee is only around 1300. Aiming for 80% of this which is only around 1100 Cals a day! It's so hard trying to stick to such a small amount :(
  • 76chelyn
    76chelyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    76chelyn wrote: »
    5’0 41 yr old SW 145 CW 132 GW 115
    Please add me. I need motivation support and accountability.
    I don’t know how to add people so please add me!

• doctorMICHY
    doctorMICHY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I’m 4ft 9 and struggling again with the weight loss. My bmr if I don’t do much is only about 1250 cals
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    5'4, the struggle is real. It's hardest for me when I weight train because even though my calories have to stay the same I get so freaking hungry. I actually calculated my TDEE for when I lose the next 20, 30, or 40 lbs and it's going to get lower and lower. :(
    Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
  • dinadyna21
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    5’3 here (so tall for this thread, lol) but older so weight loss is a struggle. I couldn’t live on 1200 anymore and after 6 months the almost .5 pound a week weight loss wasn’t even worth it for how starving I was.

For me personally IF ( intermittent fasting) has been the game changer. I do 5:2 IF. - - two days a week I eat 500 calories which means the other five I get to eat like a normal person - so about 1550 to 1600 calories. I’m losing weight more quickly even though my weekly calories are the same and I am not hangry all the time.

I know this way of dieting (and eating, as I fully plan to keep eating in this way after I reach goal weight) would NOT be for everyone, but I feel back in control over my life and diet and not deprived all the time, so just thought I’d share that.

Good luck all, short, sweet, sisters!

I might have to try this for my weight training days. Lifting leaves me famished.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    5' tall here, I get the struggle. Feel free to add.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. When I start feeling bad about my shortness, I think about wolverine, how he's short and kicks major butt. Then I don't feel so bad about being short.
  • scubad00
    scubad00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2 just... I have fallen off wagon putting all my weight back on in last 6 months need to lose 49lb.. please add me I am looking for inspiration lol x
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    dinadyna21 wrote: »
    5’3 here (so tall for this thread, lol) but older so weight loss is a struggle. I couldn’t live on 1200 anymore and after 6 months the almost .5 pound a week weight loss wasn’t even worth it for how starving I was.

For me personally IF ( intermittent fasting) has been the game changer. I do 5:2 IF. - - two days a week I eat 500 calories which means the other five I get to eat like a normal person - so about 1550 to 1600 calories. I’m losing weight more quickly even though my weekly calories are the same and I am not hangry all the time.

I know this way of dieting (and eating, as I fully plan to keep eating in this way after I reach goal weight) would NOT be for everyone, but I feel back in control over my life and diet and not deprived all the time, so just thought I’d share that.

I might have to try this for my weight training days. Lifting leaves me famished.

500 cal days would not be optimal for training or recovery days when lifting.
  • LauraS92mfp
    LauraS92mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Does anybody fancy doing the 30 day shred alongside me I’m starting today :)
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    5'1" here and I know exactly what you mean!
  • februaryice
    februaryice Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’4” and plateaued right now. I want to lose 9 more and can’t lose an ounce.
    Add me and share diaries (mine is open)
    Maybe we can get ideas from each other?
  • 76chelyn
    76chelyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’4” and plateaued right now. I want to lose 9 more and can’t lose an ounce.
    Add me and share diaries (mine is open)
    Maybe we can get ideas from each other?

You’re tall lol

• dinadyna21
    Options
    dinadyna21 wrote: »

500 cal days would not be optimal for training or recovery days when lifting.

No I meant trying the intermittent fasting, there's no way in hell I'd be able to do 500 cals on any given day. lol On my recovery days is when I'm typically not that hungry, not sure why it's just how my body works. Lifting days is usually when I feel hungry enough to eat a horse.
  • kalista2193
    kalista2193 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Does anybody fancy doing the 30 day shred alongside me I’m starting today :)

What does it entail? Drop me a message