new today

Hi everyone. I'm new to myfitnesspal thanks to a shocking visit to the doctor's office yesterday. I went for a new employment physical and this was the first time I'd been in in about a year a half due to lack of insurance in this tough economy. To my shock, I saw that I had gained 16 lbs since the last time I was in. In just a year and a half! I've never weighed this much in my life! My weight loss goal is 25 lbs because honestly, I wanted to lose weight before I knew I had gained the 16, I just have always lacked motivation in working out and been unable to resist temptation of bad foods.

I welcome talking to any and everyone who would like to share support back and forth and keep in touch.

Replies

• gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    hi welcome to my fitness pal :) its an incredible website, and i wish you the best of luck :)
  • gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    hi welcome to my fitness pal :) its an incredible website, and i wish you the best of luck :)
  • Good morning and welcome to MFP...It's crazy how those pounds can creep up on you, but you are on the right site if you want motivation and inspiration...this site is the best! I will send you an invite, I am on here every morning mid-day and evening...Glad you are here...
  • Hi there

welcome! if you want to add friends i am here to offer support if you want it. for me the best thing has been to find the right combination of foods for me. i cant deny myself chocolate so i have descovered some great healthy options which keep me on track.

my fave option is weightwatchers chocolate mini rolls-86 yummy cals :)

good luck
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Welcome. You'll find plenty of support on this site. Feel free to add me.
  • Welcome aboard!!! Feel free to add me at anytime Good Luck to you!!!!
  • KathMia
    KathMia Posts: 15 Member
    Welcome. Just joined myself a couple of days ago. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. Great site, great people, great support. What more could we ask for?