Happy MFP Anniversary to Me (Before/After Pics)! 3 years and going strong!

Options

Replies

• Jza85
    Jza85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job looking fantastic
  • Keeponswmimg
    Keeponswmimg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Would love to know what kind of workouts you do for your core?
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Did you have any saggy skin issues at any point? You're such an inspiration!!!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Amazing and Fantastic Work :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm just over 3 yrs.too.. Love your celebration commitment and your outlook. Keep it going!
  • shnookie70
    shnookie70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @Keladelphia that is my EXACT feeling. I absolutely hate my arms. Even when I was at my smallest, I was still super self conscious because they didn't shrink as much as I wanted. What do you think contributed most to them shrinking exercise-wise? Or was it a combination of your workouts? I had already planned to begin my yoga practice again next month, and I have Crossfit aspirations, but I don't have a Crossfit AND yoga budget. Just wondering which one would be better. I have free access to a weight room and plan to start lifting soon as well.

The first time I lost the weight (a long time ago in a very unhealthy way) I still had larger softer arms. I think what contributed most to shrinking/firming up my arms this time was strength training from day one of my weight loss journey (and eating at a deficit of course). As far as crossfit vs yoga, I don't think one is necessarily better than the other but I will say that I believe crossfit had more of an impact on my physique by far. I do yoga mostly because I love how it makes me feel mentally and it has definitely improved my mobility for lifting.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    timtam163 wrote: »
    I love how you look like you love getting dressed, how much fun you seemed to have with clothing and makeup and hair after... not o get all girly but I'm curious! what changes did you noticed in how your personal style changed?

I loved fashion before I lost the weight but being slimmer has definitely made it a lot more fun to shop! In regards to personal style, I still have similar taste but now I just wear all of the things I envied on other women but was too self conscious to wear, things like body con dresses, high waisted pants, bold prints, crop tops (I don't care that i'm 31 i'm still rocking them hahah)
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Wow u look amazing. Good for u. Ok, what type of foods do u eat? I'm sure being consistent helps. You've given me some hope. Thx

Thank you. I do eat anything and everything but 85% of the time my diet consists of fruits and veggies, full fat dairy, lean meats, beans, oils, nut butters and wheat free grains (rice, quinoa). Consistency is DEFINITELY key.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    You look amazing! Would love to know what kind of workouts you do for your core?

I don't really do core specific work. I train olympic lifting a few hours a day five times a week, Olympic lifting is a SUPER good core workout, I fully credit that for my stomach definition. I do a crossfit workout or two a week that sometimes has some specific core work (GHD's toes to bar, etc.) but that's really the only specific core work I do.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm just over 3 yrs.too.. Love your celebration commitment and your outlook. Keep it going!

Congrats to you as well on three years!
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    MrsDan1667 wrote: »
    Did you have any saggy skin issues at any point? You're such an inspiration!!!

Thank you :). After I lost the weight I definitely had visible saggy skin mostly on my stomach, hips and thighs. I was really lucky that it was minimal though which I do credit to lucky genetics, strength training the entire time I was losing and eating at a modest deficit which resulted in a slow but steady rate of loss. Over the last two years it has drastically improved as I continued to strength train. I still have a little bit but it's not noticeable unless I literally pull the skin away from my body, there is no hanging or visible saggy skin anymore.
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations, and THANK YOU for sharing your photos and your story! I lift, too, and your muscles totally inspire me!
  • Keladelphia
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like to update this success thread for myself when I hit big milestones to remind myself of the importance of goal setting. It helps me remember that this journey to stay healthy and fit is a never ending one. I hit a goal I’ve been looking forward to yesterday at my Olympic weightlifting meet. I clean and jerked 91kg (200 lbs) for the first time (bodyweight of 62.9kg (138.3lbs)). It also marked the end of my cut (see pictures from the beginning of my slow cut several months ago to yesterday). I think this past year was the last year I could bulk if I don’t want to move up a weight class so it will be cool to see how my body changes without running and bulk cut cycles. I didn’t get yesterday’s lifts on video unfortunately so I just linked a couple of recent training lifts. I can’t wait to see what this years training brings!

1tdlnxx4ae43.jpeg
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome! I love your dedication and you look amazing.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    craignev wrote: »
    Absolutely awesome! I love your dedication and you look amazing.

Thank you so much
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hard work paid off! Well done! Thanks for the motivation!! :) Happy Anniversary!!
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Daaaamn, you look amazing! Well done you, your efforts have really paid off!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sweet success! Amazing journey! You look amazing as well. Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!