Starting fresh.....again!

Options
I'm new to myfitnesspal! I'm hoping (and praying) this is it....I'm gonna do it! I need support, encouragement, and a kick in the butt! Looking forward to my journey of a better life!

Replies

• abernier
    abernier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im starting fresh... again too!!! We wil do it this time for sure.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site!! I have been here since last fall and love it! I recently got off track but am now getting back at it full force, all my friends on here have been super supportive and that really helps! Now, lets do this!!!!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    How many times have you "started fresh" ??? I'm usually the first day of every month! I really want to stick to it this time! I HAVE TO!!!!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck---take the words "starting fresh" out of your dictionary--make it a long-term committment, maybe you will have bumps in the road :)
  • MDAugustus
    Options
    Me too, it's been a tough week. We buried my grandbaby girl and I have not been focusing on staying on track.I missed MFP thoug and I am recommitting!
  • kimluvsel
    Options
    I know you've heard it before, but NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels. It took me years to internalize that, but once I did I discovered it was so true. Some quick tips I've learned through experience:
    - Don't make your daily calorie goal too low
    - Allow yourself mini "splurges" now and again
    - Be realistic, weight loss should be a steady process rooted in proper nutrition and increasing your activity level

That's it for now, again, I'm sure you've heard it all before. Let me know if I can help, I've studied nutrition extensively both academically and personally. Go Get 'em!! You can do this!

- Kim:happy:
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    How many times have you "started fresh" ??? I'm usually the first day of every month! I really want to stick to it this time! I HAVE TO!!!!!

I remember Oprah saying once that she thought she would start her next diet on a Wed since she couldn't stick with any plan she started on a Monday. There must be something wrong with Mondays :)

Stick with it one day at a time and you can do it. I've lost 25lbs since I started here and I haven't been this motivated in years. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    This is another go at it for me as well, it seems to be working better this time around. I feel more motivated! Best wishes with your goals!! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I had fallen off too. I have learned to take it one meal, one snack, one workout at a time. If I fall off the wagon, I make it a point to do good on the very next item on the list for the day whether it's time for a snack, meal or workout. You can do it. I also have to immediately log it or it's not in my face.
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting fresh AGAIN too...lol...I cant even cant the number of times for me. I am determined I am going to do it this time around....We can both do it!!!! Good Luck to you!!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi youv'e picked the best place - I have been exercising & dieting (again) since January 1st this year but lost nothing. Even went to the dr's and had blood tests done, convinced something must be wrong. Since I found this site via my IPhone I haven't looked back
    I have lost 16inches (tummy downwards) & 1/2 stone since being here (May I think)
    So, Well done for making the right start & good luck

Feel free to add - having friends made all the difference for me

:flowerforyou:
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Me too, it's been a tough week. We buried my grandbaby girl and I have not been focusing on staying on track.I missed MFP thoug and I am recommitting!

I'm truly sorry for your family's lost. Dedicate making your life has healthy as possible for your sweet grandbaby girl.
  • Wfortner
    Options
    I love to run....well, I love it, but havent been able to do it for almost 6 months. I miss it so much!! I think thats partly why my motivation is gone...and pounds are back :( I love your "ticker" of the runner...how did you do that?? Thanks!
  • Wfortner
    Options
    I am so sorry...I am new to this type of posting comments, etc...I just saw the rest of yours. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers up!!
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    Good luck to you and everyone starting fresh or starting fresh.. again. I've been on here for about a week and am addicted. Feel free to add me!