Hello again

Options
I've been slacking for many moons, distracted by life and not focused on weight loss goals. Of course this bit me in the butt; I am back to 249 lbs from 215. Its discouraging because its totally a result of my bad choices and lack of discipline.

I met with my cardiologist today and while my blood test are all in range, my weight is about 70 lbs over where I should be. I've found a cool meal generator app that considers CICO and macros, but I like MFP for the CICO fanatics and positive support. I need something to keep me on track, as apparently having a heart attack and stint can only keep me motivated for a year or so. I used to get angry and use that for motivation, but it doesn't last.

My plan is 1480 calories a day for a target of 2 lbs a week loss. Two pounds may be to aggressive, and 180lb target may be too low, but we'll see how it works. I think I have everything down except continued motivation and discipline. I'm searching for it. Hopefully I can fake it till I make it.

Appreciation in advance for any insights into mastering motivation, or even just apprenticing it would be nice.

Replies