Three weeks into Keto. Still having headaches.

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sounds like sodium.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Cpenney87 wrote: »
    I eat a lot of spinach, salad greens, tomatoes, avocados etc. so hopefully I'm getting good Vitamin C. I also take a multivitamin if that helps. I'm not sure though.
    I think it may have been sodium? I started cooking with pink salt a lot. I'm not sure exactly what was causing it, but I'm feeling a lot better.

glad you are feeling better headaches are no fun at all
  • Cam1le
    Cam1le Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cpenney87 wrote: »
    I'm three weeks into Keto. I am doing great, and lost about 10lbs so far. I am using Pink salt and lemon water in the mornings, drinking electrolyte water, etc. However, each day, I still have headaches. Today is probably the worst one yet. I also eat plenty of fresh baby spinach, and 50/50 salad mix, tomatoes, avocados, etc. I just don't know why I am reacting like this. Help.

Try eating pickles... apparently it works..
  • Cpenney87
    Cpenney87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pickles are awesome!
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been on Keto for 7 months. I am also suffer with migraines. I drink a solution of 20 oz of water with 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 tsp Pink salt 12 to 14 times each day as well as take 500 mg Potassium, 333 mg Calcium and 133 mg Magnesium. This has helped very much. I also eat spinach and avocados daily. Keep up the good work and good luck!
  • Cpenney87
    Cpenney87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been on Keto for 7 months. I am also suffer with migraines. I drink a solution of 20 oz of water with 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 tsp Pink salt 12 to 14 times each day as well as take 500 mg Potassium, 333 mg Calcium and 133 mg Magnesium. This has helped very much. I also eat spinach and avocados daily. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Thank you! You too!

• TitoTim
    TitoTim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Interesting read. I did a keto experiment - I knew it was not going to be sustainable for me. I did not get headaches but got dizzy and my blood pressure went up. I don't mess around with blood pressure so I stopped keto and my blood pressure improved right away. I either was doing it wrong... or it just is not for me B)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    TitoTim wrote: »
    Interesting read. I did a keto experiment - I knew it was not going to be sustainable for me. I did not get headaches but got dizzy and my blood pressure went up. I don't mess around with blood pressure so I stopped keto and my blood pressure improved right away. I either was doing it wrong... or it just is not for me B)

maybe your blood pressure is sensitive to the sodium levels being higher in keto? for some that may be an issue for others it may not