How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
If you've been sticking to a diet, how fast do you think results would show up on the scale? This is only day three for me. I was thinking about weighing myself on Saturday. Which would be after a week of dieting.

Replies

• bigjuicy1234
    bigjuicy1234 Posts: 22,577 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scale 1 time per week. Sunday Mornings is my day.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week
  • johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning! Weighing myself everyday was like asking for an emotional rollercoaster throughout the week.

If you just started your diet / exercise regimen, your body is going to react in unexpected ways as it tries to adapt. I might consider not weighing yourself the first week or two for things to smooth out a bit.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I weigh often, but try to record it once a week.
  • Bubba2017Fit
    Bubba2017Fit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday so I can see how the graph jumps around. I don’t let it get me down or discourage me though if I gain weight the entire week.
  • gpennref
    gpennref Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning. One thing I have been telling myself is the scale is not the only measuring factor for success. What seems to be working for me is the fact my waistline has been smaller and the clothes fit looser. Also when you doc states you are in great health helps too.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fortnightly. Although will soon be monthly.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As this is the very beginning for you, can I suggest take a photo or two and measurements.
    Weighing yourself is up to the individual, but weekly should be okay.
    As you go along, you will find you will rely on the scales less and less to measure your progress.

Your clothes, photos and measurements will give you a much more realistic record.
  • ampd2017
    ampd2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For a while there I was obsessed with 'weighing in'... yea that was short-lived (2wks). lol Now it's once every-now-and-then when I'm feeling 'light'. lol