Seeking to give and receive encouragement, support and hopefully laugh along the way!

Options
Hi!
A little about me in hopes of connecting with anyone of any age or journey that might feel a connection or relate to any of the below.

I'm 51 (almost 52) and looking to lose about 70+ pounds (going from about 275 to 190). I am a mom of 4 (1 daughter, 3 sons) and soon to be a first time Grandmom!

I went through a painful separation from 2006-2009 which ended in divorce in 2010 from a 25 year marriage to a cheating man who didn't want a fat wife. (Years of emotional and verbal abuse that I did not see until the separation.) Went through bankruptcy, lost home, business, vehicles, camper...everything...my painful was the lose of our family unit.

I went through a lot of painful times, change and growth. Eventually (after "kissing many frogs", found my prince, a great man who loves me as I am and we married in 2016. We have our growing pains as any marriage does but life is in a good place right now.

It's time to get my eating and weight under control and I would love to meet people who I can encourage and support and receive some as well.

I'd love to add you as a friend, please reach out if you feel the urge to do so, I'd love to get to know you :)

Thanks for listening <3
D

Replies

• shazcave746
    shazcave746 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome hun, I'm new here to.
    Im a mum to four and wanting to lose a significant amount of weight, so would be great to motivate each other along the way. :)
  • billhilly1968
    billhilly1968 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello! I welcome the chance to friend you as we all journey to lose weight.
  • 4_3va_Young
    4_3va_Young Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome and like you I'm here to motivate be motivated and have fun along the way.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a 41 year old mom of 2 and looking to lose 60-70 lbs. Feel free to add me.