This really takes the biscuit

Options

Replies

• terence
    terence Posts: 119
    Options
    Glad that you were ... how do you say it in America? ... up-cracked.
  • terence
    Options
    Ok ... two photos ...

1. Not Big Breakfast and

2. the bin / trash / rubbish.

I feel like a have a school assignment.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Well, the uk mcdonalds big breakfast is:

Scrambled Egg
    Beef patty
    Hash brown
    1 muffin, cut into 2 pieces.

Its a total of 595 kcal, 29g protein, 35g fat. And, its bloody delicious!

This takes the biscuit, in the uk:

To be particularly bad, objectionable, or egregious. "I've seen bad grammar, but this takes the biscuit."

And i agree the breakfast should be a treat. Sometimes you just have to throw nutrition out the window and just have something that tastes gorgeous. You've made me want one now! :) It's not for anyone else to tell you want to eat or not eat. Just because it's disgusting to some, doesn't mean it is to everyone.
  • terence
    Options
    And i agree the breakfast should be a treat. Sometimes you just have to throw nutrition out the window and just have something that tastes gorgeous. You've made me want one now! :) It's not for anyone else to tell you want to eat or not eat. Just because it's disgusting to some, doesn't mean it is to everyone.

That's ok ... they can't help it. They love me!!
    I'm irresistable since I lost the 10kgs.
  • terence
    Options
    Well, the uk mcdonalds big breakfast is:

Scrambled Egg
    Beef patty
    Hash brown
    1 muffin, cut into 2 pieces.

Its a total of 595 kcal, 29g protein, 35g fat. And, its bloody delicious!

Yes, that's the one.

595 calories??? You're kidding. It can't be ... surely.

Forget the photo gang!!!!

I need to go look for a new guilty pleasure.

Terence
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Ok ... two photos ...

1. Not Big Breakfast and

2. the bin / trash / rubbish.

I feel like a have a school assignment.

Ok I'll be looking for the completed assignment tomorrow :)
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    that egg thing on a plate looks scary :-O
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    this entire thing made me laugh so hard.

^^^this
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm really wanting to know what a McDonald's breakfast looks like in China. Pictures please.

I heard on the radio, seriously, that Mickey D's is opening one restaurant per day in China for the next four years. Yep, about 1,300 new McDonald'ses (Grammar Girl, help!). Why should we keep heart disease and diabetes all to ourselves?
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This thread has made me LOL ;) Thanks Guys.

As a UK ressi the saying 'take the biscuit' means it is the absolute limit. Fruit costing more and more really takes the biscuit. Bizarre saying but there you go ;)

As for UK McDs brekkie - never in there early enough to check but can feel a visit coming on for a happy meal for DDs as they are now got smurfs soft toys with them :(
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think I have found a picture of chinese McD brekkie but not sure how to post pictures as replies... sorry :(
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say biscuit???

:love:
  • pdpmcm1980
    pdpmcm1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That breakfast picture looked scary - worse than plane food! You need to find a new treat.
    Incidentally, I made my own version of the bacon and egg mcmuffin last weekend and it was LUSH!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This whole thread has been hilarious. Terence you are too funny!
  • pdpmcm1980
    pdpmcm1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love your signature savethecat - very funny!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options

2) If something takes the biscuit, it is the absolute limit.

Yes. If perhaps not only did a co-worker get the job you applied for, but also got more money, for example, one might say 'that really takes the biscuit'.
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    American biscuit is the equivalent to our (being UK) cheese or fruit scone?

I think...
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Its also known as taking the mick... or p**s from where i am in Lancashire...

And the picture of that Big Breakfast kinda made me want to Vom... not appetising at all for me!! I am currently punishing myself reading a book on Cake Chic by Penny Porschen... they tru;y are a work of art - on the plus side, so pretty are they you wouldnt want to eat them!!!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Its also known as taking the mick... or p**s from where i am in Lancashire...

And the picture of that Big Breakfast kinda made me want to Vom... not appetising at all for me!! I am currently punishing myself reading a book on Cake Chic by Penny Porschen... they tru;y are a work of art - on the plus side, so pretty are they you wouldnt want to eat them!!!
    I'd rather a cupcake any day.
  • terence
    Options
    I'm really wanting to know what a McDonald's breakfast looks like in China. Pictures please.

I heard on the radio, seriously, that Mickey D's is opening one restaurant per day in China for the next four years. Yep, about 1,300 new McDonald'ses (Grammar Girl, help!). Why should we keep heart disease and diabetes all to ourselves?

In fact, Mickey D's is number 2 ro KFC in China. First mover advantage. Personally, they both move me in exactly the same way,.