• LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info. It helps to be reminded :drinker:
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A great reminder, thanks!

And congrats on your amazing weight loss!!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great read thanks
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Im glad you guys enjoyed the article, I found it invaluable early on in my journey!
  • 123Jude
    123Jude Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    really good read, and I am SICK of weighing everyday im deffo doing this one day a week thing!! the question is, WHAT DAY!
    thankyou for sharing x
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    bump
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    bump
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this article. It was good to have a reminder to calm down and just focus on the process and not always the immediate results. Eating healthier will pay off even if the numbers on the scale dont show it right away!
  • fightingiris
    fightingiris Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I haven't weighed in since I started. The last time I was working out and eating right, I got so discouraged by the lack of weight loss. Now I am just looking and seeing if tummy is getting smaller. I'm trying not to obsess about it and just do it!
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :-)
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks for posting.
  • RokMomma79
    RokMomma79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I am going to give this a read now in hopes that my depression that resulted from seeing the scale jump up 5lbs in 7 days will lift.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    bump
  • JenRedesigned
    JenRedesigned Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I actually posted earlier this week asking how the scale could jump up 3.4lb in 24hrs! I have since put the scale away and it will only be taken out on Monday Mornings! It was making me mental!
  • IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    Ughhhh, I tried removing the battery, asking my DH to hide the scale, I tried everything! My clothes are fitting better however, I need my mind to catch up w/ reality. I am on the right path, I just need to relax!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great article. Thanks for sharing. It one of the things I started doing is to use other markers to judge how I am doing and not just the weight. Things like inches, steps walked and heart rate. Just to get a more complete picture of how I am doing.
  • missa1982
    Options
    Sounds like good common sense!
  • audradanielle
    Options
    Just what I needed today. Thanks!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Bump cause this article should be a sticky! :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed that article.. thanks for posting it.

I see a lot of people on here come freaking out because over the weekend they gained like 4 pounds in 24 hrs and how is that possible, I know I ate bad but not that bad and blah blah bah... which is why I never ever weigh in on a monday.. Only on a thursday or friday depending on when I remember :)