Is muscle definition on women sexy?

Options

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i like my curves, also the muscle i am creating so i'll take both :)

agree with this one :)
    rock it...
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I think there is natural definition that a woman can achieve that is extremely beautiful. When something kicks in and a woman develops that very bulky musculature that it starts to lack feminitity. To achieve that bulk however is a conscious choice by that woman ..thus she probably likes how it looks and doesn't care what some "curvy" woman thinks about it all.

When I was running the other day there were 100's of other runners I came across and I thought the women with definition in their upper bodies looked darn good and I would venture a guess that if on the beach in a bikini there isn't a head these women wouldn't have turned...they were gorgeous
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    LOL, talking about guys finding that sexy. My husband thinks, Madonna and Sarah Jessica Parker are gross. And they are very defined. I personally like Jilian Michaels muscles the best.

Sarah Jessica Parker is built like a stick, I think she still forgets to eat....
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    I absolutly think it is!!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't think women with bodybuilder type muscles are at all sexy. Curves are much more attractive to me. Toned is better than jiggly though.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I can tell you what's NOT sexy.

Having no confidence
    not being able to get up and run around with your friends
    struggling to get in and out of cars
    whining about how your body hurts
    living like a blob

So, are muscles sexy? I'm not attracted to women, so it's hard for me to say what's sexy, but I do think they look nice. No, body builders do not look nice, but I've never seen one in person anyway. However, a woman who is strong, and can fend for herself is gorgeous.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like a little muscle definition, but also a little flesh (okay, fat.. just a little) over it. I don't like the Jillian Michaels look of buldging man-like muscled on a woman, but neither do I like the "look at my ribs and collar bones" skinny look, or the "I can wave with my hand and upper arm" flabby look. I just like a fit, healthy, curvy look.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    i like my curves, also the muscle i am creating so i'll take both :)

LOL! Forgive me for saying this, but no matter how much weight I lose and how muscle-y I get, I'll still have plenty of T & A for the hubs to stare at.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I'd rather be toned and muscular than flabby and dimply!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    go to a title nine catalog...those women rock!!!! everyone of them is a picture of health and strength and look beautiful....
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Strong & healthy = sexy on anyone. I agree with the others that I think your friends was trying to up her own self esteem by making the statement.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It depends. For example: the Madonna, skinny little muscles that almost look anorexic...not so much.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think so...and so does my husband!
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options
    Depends on the person you ask, personally I think its ok as long as its not full on body builder style, I like boobs so too much muscle generally means less boob, unless they are fake which is worse again, sooo, depends who you ask..
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Who looks better? Same scale weight - 125 pounds.

SCALE.jpg
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It depends. For example: the Madonna, skinny little muscles that almost look anorexic...not so much.

I agree. Other than her...I gotta say definition on a women is a beautiful thing!! I was doing one of JM's workouts yesterday and the 2 girls she had in the back of her had the best arms definition I have ever seen on a female. I was in awe and very jealous!!:)
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options

SCALE.jpg

Weight doesnt = sexy tho, I prefer the girl on the right though, whats that prove?
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    I think a little is sexy but if women gets to the point where she loses her natural curves is not.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

SCALE.jpg

Weight doesnt = sexy tho, I prefer the girl on the right though, whats that prove?

She's just showing that 2 women at the same body weight can look totally different. The weight is irrelevant; proves that women with muscle ARE sexy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    I got into a bit of a debate yesterday with a friend of mine, who is a little curvy who told me that because I'm more toned now that muscles on women aren't sexy!!!!

I adore my arms and shoulders because they are defined, my legs are also toned and quite muscley but not ridiculously so. I have MFP friends who are stunningly beautiful with and without muscle definition and would like your opinions please, not because I intend to change but just because I'd like to know :smile:
    Jessica Biel and Angela Bassett have definition. I consider them (as do many) as very sexy.