Nutrition limits

Options
Did anyone have the same issue?

I am 400 calories away of my daily goal but the protein and sugars intake exceeded my daily goal. How can I consume the rest of the calories without getting more protein? I am thinking of getting some nuts but those also have protein portion.

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    The protein (and fat) goal should be considered a minimum. There is nothing wrong with eating more...

It's your calorie intake that matters at the end of the day.

QFT
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you have it, unsalted peanut butter sandwich. It has minimal protein and higher fat and carb content. Plus it’s easy to make it close to 300-400 calories. Add half a teaspoon of honey or a sprinkle of salt for extra flavor.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what others said - but if you want to make your diary public so that folks can take a look at maybe provide you some advice on substitutions
  • maitham09
    maitham09 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    I do not count sugars if they come from fruit or veggies. Don't sweat those macros too much!

But the MFP Does lol
  • maitham09
    Options
    what others said - but if you want to make your diary public so that folks can take a look at maybe provide you some advice on substitutions

How can I make it public?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    maitham09 wrote: »
    I do not count sugars if they come from fruit or veggies. Don't sweat those macros too much!

But the MFP Does lol

i swapped sugar for fiber years ago...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

But the MFP Does lol

Same
  • maitham09
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

But the MFP Does lol

only if you let it.

Each individual can choose to see whatever they choose...maybe a diabetic needs to look at sugars...maybe someone with digestive issues needs to look at fibre but if you don't have a medical issue and you want to lose weight look at calories...

macros are for health and nutrition and typically once you get the weight loss going well then people will look at the macros to see what helps more...ie more protein can help you feel fuller longer.

I should focus on the overall calorie deficit without worrying about exceeding the nutritions limits. Thank you very much.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

But the MFP Does lol

Me, too. Sugar is a carb. I'm already tracking carbs.