Its breakfast time in the UK

Options
Its breakfast time, what are people having, looking for inspiration.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't eat in the morning.
    I prefer to save calories for later in the day - I find that as soon as I start eating, I feel more hungry (or the hunger is less ignorable than the hunger I wake up with)

I used to also eat many small meals a day - same deal, constantly hungry! My energy would go up and down too. Eating fewer but bigger meals helps me feel more satisfied.
  • jimidge
    jimidge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What time do you start eating? And what are you eating as that first meal? Do you end up eating at night just before bed as a result?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    jimidge wrote: »
    What time do you start eating? And what are you eating as that first meal? Do you end up eating at night just before bed as a result?

I generally eat between 1-3pm.
    During the week I have eggs with green vegies and parmesan.

I train in the evening, so eating later suits me - I have dinner post training, and dessert about 30mins to 1hr before bed. I have no issue sleeping despite eating at this time, and it has no impact on weight loss.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I'm the same. start eating around 1pm. I'm having 166g of Fage % (That makes a tub last three servings)
    I put on 5g of Baobab powder and 5g of 0 calorie maple syrup.

I do eat right up until bed time, within my calorie range.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Protein enriched cereal for me, at around 8.30 at work.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake right when I wake up before heading to the gym. After I get home, I'll have my first actual meal which is fiber rich cereal in low fat milk.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Crunchy bran cereal (40g) with whole milk (20ml). Braeburn Apple (184g) chopped up and dunked in 100g of fat free fage yoghurt. Large coffee with whole milk (100ml) and sugar free syrup.
  • smila1202
    smila1202 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast for me with a banana and a mug of coffee... sometimes I have porridge and most Sunday mornings I have a bacon sandwich mmmmm
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    cold pizza
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good days... some kind of protein shake and a banana. Lazy good days it's a bottled one like U Fit or Upbeat, and an actual banana. Days with planning it's whey protein, almond milk, a banana, maybe some supergreens powder, maybe some peanut butter etc whizzed up in the blender.

Bad days... a skinny latte (either iced with sugar free caramel, or hot with sugar free gingerbread syrup - both Costa) and a pain aux raisins. I have to make up for it later in the day, as I track my macros, but sometimes you just have to...!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I usually have fruit and yoghurt or crumpets. Today I fancied a change so I made a smoothie with half an avocado, half a banana, half a handful of frozen cherries, hazelnut milk and pea protein. It was very tasty and super filling! I'm not convinced I am going to want any lunch today!
  • dandelion_85
    dandelion_85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat breakfast either. I’ll have lunch at 1 then tea around 7..
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Coffee before swimming, then probably yogurt (plain wholemilk; I sweeten it myself with sucralose and dry vanilla extract) with muesli and blueberries. Other mornings it's oatmeal with grated apple and cinnamon or scrambled eggs with ham and smoked gouda.
  • jimidge
    jimidge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression not eating breakfast acted to slow the metabolism?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

nope
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

The people that sell you things want you to believe that but science and 13 years of me eating this way say other wise.

Your body needs a set amount of calories to fuel you each day. That changes by calories burnt on activity.
    If you eat that amount you stay the same.
    Less than that you lose weight.
    1lb per 3500 calories under.
    You gain by being over that amount.
    Meal timing doesn't matter for fat loss.

Anything else is just noise. Normally they paid to get you to click their links, so they give you sensational headlines. Either that or they want you to buy something or raise their popularity.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It's Breakfast Time in Ohio now :). Homemade Egg Muffin with Turkey Sausage. Yum.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I eat depending on my mood so sometimes I'll have leftovers from dinner, eggs and veggies, porridge, chia pudding, almond and buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup and bananas, peanut butter and banana milkshake...but I only eat until after noon so it's more like a brunch. Today I did hiit fasted so I just ate eggs, chia and flaxseed with dried figs and date syrup. Yum.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and black coffee
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I had guacamole on a slice of toast after my run this morning, and a massive bowl of fruit salad and yoghurt for morning tea break.

I've only just started going back to having something first thing, having spent the past few months holding out until mid-morning. I stuck to three meals yesterday with no time feeling hungry or in need of a snack.