Weight loss WITHOUT exercise? Did you do it?

Options
13»

Replies

• AndroidBioweapon
    AndroidBioweapon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Diet is all that's needed but working out can help speed up the process.
  • capops
    capops Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost around 40 pounds without exercising! Several years ago I was suffering from the same conditions, losing the 40 pounds helped SO much. Now I am in remission, and no longer taking medication! My doctor recommended a low sodium diet which was very beneficial to me--I have read online that low sodium is great for any sort of hypertension. You have to be careful with it though, as your body does NEED sodium (I learnt this the hard way). But yes, very doable if you are mindful of measuring your food! I would recommend sticking to the calorie goal MFP gives you- It's important for your body to get its needed protein/carbs/fat especially when it's going through other health issues. Good luck girl ❤️❤️
  • g_poleman
    g_poleman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot without working out. But I look much better when I do workout.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As its been said plenty times over. Yup. I walked for most my exercise. No need to get heart rate up to be burning calories. Seriously. Now to be transparent i walked ALOT and i have a fairly active (its really active lol) job. But iv done enough to know i definatly still lose when i dont move so much i simply enjoy moving more because i get more food. Yum
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70lbs this year in essence with CICO and not really any exercise
  • munster14
    munster14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, I rarely exercise beyond the normal daily activities. I've lost 29lbs so far
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I lost a good amount of weight about 10 years ago without exercise. I was frustrated though because although the scale said I lost weight, my body didn't looked the same. I eventually gained the weight back and then some.

This time around I chose to focus on fitness and my body composition it was a better fit for me. I wanted a leaner, tighter body and I need exercise to do that. Plus it has been easy to maintain my weight loss.

But yes, I do know plenty of people who are losing weight without exercise.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    In 2017 I lost 100 pounds with no exercise, beyond regular day to day activity. I began walking/hiking at that point and eventually lost 50 more pounds. Quit logging and gained 50 back. That is why I am back on MFP now. Maintenance was difficult for me, losing the weight was pretty easy in comparison.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Anon2018 wrote: »
    2400 calories seems high for someone who's not exercising and trying to lose 80 pounds. What are your stats?

I need to lose more than that long run. Current height is five foot six. Weight is 375 lbs.

2400 doesn't seem high to me...esp now that we can see your stats. But be prepared that will come down as you lose.
    I wanted to clarify that I’m not sitting around all day. I move a lot at my job and stay active at home. I’m just unable to exercise in a way that raises my heart rate too high. :-) I’ll double check with my primary doc on my calories when I see him next month too.

If you don't want to raise your heart rate than yes you can lose the weight without doing that but that doesn't mean no exercise per say.

Try going for 10-15 min walks and increase the duration and/or speed as you can...

walking burns calories.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    JamWam12 wrote: »
    I've lost 30lb in the last 48 days without exercise.

I expect that this is either total fallacy or there is something odd going on and if it really did happen it would be very unhealthy to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time if it was due to calorie restriction (unless WLS was involved and you are under the care of a RD)

I don't understand why people read that post and are all like wow I want that??? smh.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs without exercise or eating vegetables. Then I started exercising regularly. CICO works.