Is my diet correct?

Options
My diet is preety simple.
I eat around 1500 - 1600 calories per day.
I eat healthy almost everyday and try to avoid eating too many carbs and sugary things.
My concern is that if i eat a small amount of cooked rice (White Basmati) everyday that fits my calorie and macro requirment ?
Will that affect my weight loss Journey ?
I also drink protein shakes twice a day and workout 3 to 4 times a week .
I loose approximately 5 lbs per month .
Thank u

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're doing really well. Carbs are not evil. Do you like protein shakes? If you do, great. I prefer to get my calories and protein from food I get to chew, but that's me, not you.

There's no reason you can't have rice every day if you like it. It won't slow down your weight loss.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    There isn't one "correct" diet.
    No single macronutrient or a subset of a macronutrient is responsible for weight gain or loss - overconsumption of calories from any source will lead to weight gain. Eating foods from any macronutrient in a deficit will lead to weight loss

Depending on your stats, losing 5lbs a month may be too aggressive, and eating 1500-1600 may be too little. Undernourishing your body is not healthy!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    There is no correct diet.
    If you like your diet enough to effortlessly stick to it, and you are getting in enough of all you need and not too much of anything, you are eating correctly for you.
    I am personally skeptical to your calorie allowance. You seem to be a young man. 1500 calories is the lowest MFP will go for a male, and it's only suitable for the elderly, sedentary and short.
    We can do unpleasant things as long as it seems worthwhile. We don't always feel the effects immediately of what we do, but it will catch up.
    If you eat too little over time, you work up a tremendous hunger.
    If you eat too little over a long time, you get sick.
    If you are or have been overweight, you'll have a tendency to underreport food intake. Food logging is just a tool, and like any other tool, it has to be used correctly in order to work as expected.
    There is nothing wrong with a simple diet. But there is something wrong with a diet that lacks balance and variety.
    Taking care to get in good nutrition is commendable. But agonizing over food choices and demonizing foods, food groups and nutrients, is not healthy. You can eat anything you want in moderation.
    Eating should give you pleasure. If it doesn't, you will seek it out until you get it. This sets you up for overeating.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Did you not tell myfitnesspal your weight loss goal when you created your username?
    If your user information is correct, the site tells you what your calorie goal for weight loss is. What is the site telling you?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Ask a nutritionist.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Ask a registered dietician.

FIFY