Loose 20 pounds by new years

Options
I have gained 25 pounds and seriously want to loose this weight. Anyone else want to do this with me. I need a buddy where we can push eachother to do this!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    That's a lot in a short period of time for the average person (unless you are obese). Wouldn't it be better to just focus on losing anything and being lighter by 1/1/18?
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    That's a lot in a short period of time for the average person (unless you are obese). Wouldn't it be better to just focus on losing anything and being lighter by 1/1/18?

Ditto
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

same.

a healthy rate of loss for somebody with 25 pounds to lose is .5 pounds per week, making 5-10 pounds a more realistic goal. but i am for not putting numbers to deadlines and instead maybe focusing on changes in a broader way. maybe focus on logging every day until new years, or working your way up on exercise or even a step goal. good luck either way!
  • jtina898
    jtina898 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! This is all new to me because ive never had to loose this much weight before. Thanks for the advice
  • TPTP3
    TPTP3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds cliche but try not to focus on the number so much. Make your goal to stay under your MFP goal 6 days a week and workout at least 5. A few things that helped me are exercising first thing in the morning. Nothing intense. I do the elliptical but any workout video thing for 10 minutes will do. It is more about setting the tone for the day than the actual workout.
  • debbiezag
    debbiezag Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just getting back into shape and changing up what you eat takes time and support. Feel free to friend me
  • johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi, would be happy to add anyone :smiley:
  • shammaar_b
    shammaar_b Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal for new years (I am nearing obese so 20lbs by new years is actually a realistic goal for me, but maybe not for someone who has less weight to lose). Feel free to friend me, I'd be happy to add anyone
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    20lbs is not that much! I'm up for it :)<3