Weight loss wows

Options
I do HIIT 5 days a week and according to my Apple Watch I burn 2100 to 2500 calories a day. I rarely eat 1500 calories. I thought it was calories in calories out. What’s my problem?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you don't lose weight? Because you don't actually say what your problem is...
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I don't know. What is your problem?

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    True HIIT 5 days a week? More like interval training, but as far as your 'problem as in weight loss, need to elaborate more.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Taking a wild guess at what you are asking.

MFP has you at 1500 cals to lose a certain amount of weight.

Eat all those calories- what you like, when you like and work towards meeting your nutrition goals.

To make sure you are accurate use a food scale for all foods, yes even single serving packages.

Make sure you are using accurate entries. The entry on the package of food should match the MFP entry.
    For single foods, grains, meat, fish, veg, use food with the info from the USDA.
    Use grams for all solids, not cups and spoons- they are for liquids, which you should also measure.

I don't use a Fitbit, but they can over or under estimate.
    If, once you have your food logging in order, you are still not losing at the expected rate, drop your Fitbit added calories by 25% for a month and see how that works.

Cheers, h.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just follow a simple *snip* for my weight loss goals. And I must say that it worked wonders. I am less stressed now and do not feel like quoting every now and then.

Di you have some tips for giving up spam, @moumallick6 ? Coz spam... Spam sucks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    wjfairman wrote: »
    I do HIIT 5 days a week and according to my Apple Watch I burn 2100 to 2500 calories a day. I rarely eat 1500 calories. I thought it was calories in calories out. What’s my problem?

oh, you mean weight loss woes....

you're not measuring accurately probably and so eating more than you think and burning less than you think.

and/or you're being impatient.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Inaccuracy: food, exercise, typing.

this. based on your food diary, you don't appear to be weighing your food - start there.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Inaccuracy: food, exercise, typing.

this. based on your food diary, you don't appear to be weighing your food - start there.

x2
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options

I think one problem is you need to strengthen your communication skills. It's not really a "wow" though.
    That calorie burn sounds suspiciously high btw.

• TavistockToad
    Options

I think one problem is you need to strengthen your communication skills. It's not really a "wow" though.
    That calorie burn sounds suspiciously high btw.

sounds ok as a TDEE
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Wows? Do you mean "woes"?
  • wjfairman
    wjfairman Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TavistockToad
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thank you! Problem solved.

How so?
  • wjfairman
    wjfairman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry I asked! I guess I’ll just figure it out on my own. I was on this blog one other time and now I know why I haven’t been back.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Sorry I asked! I guess I’ll just figure it out on my own. I was on this blog one other time and now I know why I haven’t been back.

It's a shame you think that, you've got plenty of good advice... good luck!