Baby Weight has to go!!

Options
2»

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    stephdmash wrote: »
    Please add me! 10 weeks pp ftm. Gained 51 lbs, down 24 lbs. Newly vegetarian and trying my best to eat healthy. Can finally get some workouts in too!

After my son I became a vegetarian the day he was born until the exact day he turned 18 months. I felt great and I lost the weight. Good luck to ya! Had Pizza Hut meat lovers the very next day. Lol!!!
  • kai8514
    kai8514 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my second child in August, too. Just started to think about myself again after coming out of the newborn fog. I definitely need help to stay motivated and like the rest of you ladies, I'm short on time and energy. I'm also nursing, and added 400 calories to my suggested allotment. No supply issues, so I think I'm good to go!
  • milliestyles1
    milliestyles1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    kai8514 wrote: »
    I had my second child in August, too. Just started to think about myself again after coming out of the newborn fog. I definitely need help to stay motivated and like the rest of you ladies, I'm short on time and energy. I'm also nursing, and added 400 calories to my suggested allotment. No supply issues, so I think I'm good to go!

Kai8514, how did you figure out your suggested allotment? I’m 12 weeks pp and nursing as well, so don’t want to hurt my supply but this extra 20 lbs needs to go!!
  • Reliata
    Reliata Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kai8514, how did you figure out your suggested allotment? I’m 12 weeks pp and nursing as well, so don’t want to hurt my supply but this extra 20 lbs needs to go!!

I think I've seen that it's around 20 calories per ounce of breastmilk produced

https://www.google.com/search?q=breastfeeding+calories&oq=breastfeeding+ca&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.31411j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

A baby needs 2-3 ounces per pound of the baby's bodyweight, up to 32 oz

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+much+milk+does+a+baby+drink+per+day&oq=how+much+milk+does+a+baby&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.9809j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So, for instance, if your baby were 12 lbs, that's 24-32 oz per day, so somewhere between 480-640 calories from breastfeeding every day.

I hope this helps! :)

• Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a new ftm trying to lose the baby weight and breastfeeding. My baby is 10 weeks old. I was 135-137 pre pregnancy, I gained 35 pounds but he was 6 weeks early, so I would have gained like 40 if I went full term. Was down to 152 10 days post partum, then gained weight and have been stuck at 155/156!

I am trying to jog or do jillian michaels workouts a few days a week but its really stressful to try to fit them in. My baby needs to be held all day long!
  • Ciboulette_
    Ciboulette_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I had my daughter August third. Manage to lose all the pregnancy weight after a month but now I gained 10 pounds back. I would like to lose 40 pounds more which is my pre pregnancy weight before my older son.
    All the ladies interested on cheering up each other are welcome to add me. I’m from quebec Canada so sorry for my English
  • FindingMe32
    FindingMe32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My baby girl is 2,time to loose this weight :):) add me anyone!!!
  • alexajolsen319
    alexajolsen319 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am two years plus postpartum and I still can't lose the baby weight! I signed up for MyFitnessPal today to try a 1200 calorie diet with food tracking. I want to lose 25 pounds - I have been 175 for the last two years but before that, 150 was my regular weight. Anyone else have toddlers (mine are 2 and 4) that stress you out and you cannot seem to eat right? That is my problem....
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Me me me. I had baby #2 on October 8, gained 40 lbs and ended at 157 lbs. I am now 132 lbs and want to lose 10 more lbs. I am planning on motivating myself with a new fitbit again (its how I lost all the baby weight with #1). We are formula feeding, so I don't have to worry about losijg any supply. I gained 35 lbs with my first and lost it in 4 months, so I will be happy losing the last 10 lbs in the next 3 months. Would love yo talk to other mamas!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I too am working at losing that stubborn baby weight.....unfortunately my baby is 36 ;)
  • minkertinker
    minkertinker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm late here, hoping to get some support as well. FTM in November 2017, gained 60 lbs, lost 26 in the first few weeks with no effort (was breastfeeding), but now am stalled. I started using the MyFitnessPal app again yesterday (16.5 weeks PP). I'm focusing on nutrition and exercise. I was an avid exerciser pre-baby and even up through the 2nd Trimester, but gained the bulk in the 3rd Trimester. I love spin, TRX, and cardio weight classes, so I'm committing myself at least 4 times a week and some days doing multiple classes. I did a kickboxing type class and TRX class last night... needless to say, it's going to be a long and hard journey to get back to my previous capabilities. I felt like a ton of bricks in the kickboxing class, but I left the gym feeling proud of myself because I went and did my best, even though I looked like an idiot. I'm hoping to see results soon with less sugar/carbs, more protein, and more strenuous activity. Good luck, ladies! <3