Carbs at night

Options
2»

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    maitham09 wrote: »
    Just for the record if you're asking because you're not losing the way you want to and you've decided carbs might be to blame it's not. It would be because you're eating too many calories. They might come from carbs you crave at night, but it's not the source of calories or the timing of eating them. It's the calories in the food.

I am always under my calories limit so I am doing good since I started my diet. I like the idea that you mentioned about the calories and my limits. I just got confused because this article that talking about carbs and late night. You guys make it clear right now.

The thing about the internet is anyone with half a brain can make a website and spout off about anything they please. That's why it's important to be skeptical about what you read and find reputable sources as often as you can. :) Thousands of websites perpetuate weight loss myths, unfortunately.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    BULLCRAP..carbs provide energy. You don't need no energy before going to sleep hence, eating carbs at night is a bad idea.

Because going to sleep completely stops your bodily functions.

Repairing muscle tissue only happens when you follow random advice on the internet. Never sleep because nothing happens then.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Your body doesnt know what time it is....

Let's not get carried away here.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oh boy.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I heard that it's so bad to eat carbs at night because at this time the metabolism rate going down so the carb's calories will turn and store as fat in the body. Is that right? Did anyone have carbs at late night and lost weight?

Every person is different. I do well on high protien diets and I eat my carbs at night. It helps me because I basically sleep through any blood sugar spikes so it's easier for me to manage my cravings during the day.

Some people feel lousy if they don't eat carbs during the day and the blood sugar spikes effect their sleep so they don't sleep as well.

You have to do what works for you. The key is to figure how how to manage your hunger so you can operate at a caloric deficit.
  • maitham09
    maitham09 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    I heard that it's so bad to eat carbs at night because at this time the metabolism rate going down so the carb's calories will turn and store as fat in the body. Is that right? Did anyone have carbs at late night and lost weight?

Every person is different. I do well on high protien diets and I eat my carbs at night. It helps me because I basically sleep through any blood sugar spikes so it's easier for me to manage my cravings during the day.

Some people feel lousy if they don't eat carbs during the day and the blood sugar spikes effect their sleep so they don't sleep as well.

You have to do what works for you. The key is to figure how how to manage your hunger so you can operate at a caloric deficit.

I Like that