Houston Astros Making Me Stress Eat!

Options
Astros been driving me crazy this week. All my healthy habbits have gone out the window and dont I regret it at all. LETS GO ASTROS!

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Veggie platter time!!!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    I'm fron SF and of course I am rooting 4 the Astros.

Thank goodness the Astros beat the Yanks. If they didn't, I would have had to root for the Yanks over LA but that would have been a hard pill to swallow.

BEAT LA!!! B)
  • KetoPhillip
    KetoPhillip Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That game had was amazing, it would of been a crushing loss if they didnt come thru. LETS GO STROS!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As a Red Sox fan I should be glad the Astros beat them in this case. But the Dodgers are my third team.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Astros been driving me crazy this week. All my healthy habbits have gone out the window and dont I regret it at all. LETS GO ASTROS!

Heh, have fun!

(I'm a Cubs fan rooting for the Astros now that my team is out.)
  • KetoPhillip
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Heh, have fun!

(I'm a Cubs fan rooting for the Astros now that my team is out.)

I was actually rooting for the Cubs last year, I wanted that streak to end. Its crazy cuz I hated the Cubs when the Stros were in the NL Central.
  • KetoPhillip
    Options
    LETS GOOOOOO ASTROS!!!!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I imagine there's no more leftover Halloween candy in your house at this point.
    One more night of stress eating, then time to get back on track! :)
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone!! That game 5 almost killed me. I hope they can pull out a win tonight!
  • KetoPhillip
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I imagine there's no more leftover Halloween candy in your house at this point.
    One more night of stress eating, then time to get back on track! :)
    I as very disappointed last night.
  • KetoPhillip
    Options
    You aren't alone!! That game 5 almost killed me. I hope they can pull out a win tonight!

Game 7 going to be good game tonight. Hopefully we can get the win.
  • sgt1372
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I as very disappointed last night.

Same here but it was to be expected when the Astros left 4 men in scoring position and 7 men on base in just 3 innings between the 5th and 7th innings.

Verlander did a great job for 5 until he walked one, hit another and gave up a hit to give up a run and a sac fly that scored another in the 6th before he was relieved.

Dodger pitching prevailed over Astro hitting. And Dodger hitting prevailed over Astro pitching.

The day off did wonders for Morrow, Maeda and Jansen (who got their stuff back) but w/o day off it might be a different story tonight.

However, Darvish has had a chance to rest and they are talking about using Kershaw on 2 days rest in relief. And they are at home.

I hate the Dodgers (it's a tradition in SF) but I have to give them the edge over the Astros because good pitching always prevails over good hitting but, if the Astros can find a weakness in the Dodgers' pitching tonight, they can win.

They did it once in LA already. Hopefully they can do it again.

Go Astros, beat LA !!!

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

Are you kidding, with all the really stressful situations going on in the country and the world you let a baseball game control your eating habits?

• KetoPhillip
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Are you kidding, with all the really stressful situations going on in the country and the world you let a baseball game control your eating habits?

There is no reason to get political about my post. I know all about all the hateful things going on around the world and dont need to bring it up. If my post offends you I apologize, it was more of tongue and cheek post sorry you didnt get that. You have a blessed day.
  • sgt1372
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If my post offends you I apologize, it was more of tongue and cheek post sorry you didnt get that. You have a blessed day.

No need to apologize.

I took it as "tongue in cheek" and not what you are actually experiencing.

Some people on MFP just read things too literally and fail to sense the nuance in what's written.

You were just expressing your gut wrenching feelngs (for you and other Astro fans) about this series. I suspect that many Dodgers fans feel the same way.

I don't have a horse in this race, so I don't feel the same way.

I just hope the Astros win and the Dodgers lose (go ahead and woo me again, you Dodgers fans) but my world won't end if it doesn't work out that way.

The Giants won 3 WS in just 6 yrs w/o winning one b4 that since 1954, a 60 yr gap despite making 2 WS appearances in the interim in 1962 snd 1989.

That's a once in a lifetime series of events for most baseball fans. However, it would make finishing as the worst team in MLB this year sting a bit less to see the Dodgers lose tonight.

Still the Astros have NEVER won a WS yet, while the Dodgers have won 6, the last in 1988 albeit almost 30 yrs ago.

So, even if there wasn't a tribal competitiveness between SF and LA, I d still be rooting for the Astros.

Game 7 starts in about 30 mins.

Go Astros, beat LA! :)
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that was me last year when the Cubs were in it. Game 7 I ate like 832 chocolate bars.
    Awesome game last night though!

I was lucky, I was at game 7 and I sure wasn't going to spend a crapload of money on stadium food. Though I did end up eating fast food driving back to Chicago in the middle of the night right after the game.
  • hargiebargie
    hargiebargie Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bye dodgers go kitten yourselves.

signed,

giants fan
    (3/5)
  • KetoPhillip
    Options
    5-0 Astros lets GOOOOO