Question about tightening/toning/sculpting whatever you wann

bzmom
bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
Good morning,

I know we have many wonderful women with success stories and beautiful results. We also have some trainers that have helped many people here. I need some help from you wonderful people. I have currently lost 40lbs and I am very proud to say I was able to do this with the help of MFP and my MFpeeps. However, Im kinda stuck now.

I really dont want to lose any more weight I want to have my "curves" and I think Im starting to even lose those. I want to build muscle, I want my skin not to jiggle when I move (sorry for the mental picture).

My question/needs is im not sure what I need to focus on. Im terrible with carbs, my fat intake I think maybe decent.

Workout wise I had stopped working out for like 2 weeks and I just started up again Monday. Im doing both cardio and weights but not sure if I should stick to both or do one more than the other.

Calorie wise I switched to maintenance mode. Im currently 139lbs, 5'4" and taking in around 1600-1750 calories a day.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this!:smile:

P.S. If there is any grammar or spelling error I apologize Im writing this at work and typing fast! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    I am in fairly the same boat. I like my curves - I just want them to quit wiggling. I try (*try*) to eat a lot of lean protein and complex carbs. I eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day. I weight train and do cardio. They say 80% of a lean body starts in the kitchen and not from exercise, so I try to eat clean as often as possible. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Focus on strength training.... lift heavy 3 - 4 days per week and get in the cardio when you can, but you don't need excessive cardio sessions.

edit to add:
    losing the jiggle comes from building muscle! lifting heavy builds muscle! Cardio exercises can and will break down muscle. So, you can cardio til the cows come home, but you will still be soft. You have to build muscle to firm up!
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    Power walk power walk power walk. I have gotten into a regular routine of walking three miles almost every day, and everything on me has lifted and tightened. Arms, breasts, butt, stomach. And calves most of all!
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    I agree with Jamie, lift heavy, limit cardio. Eat lots of protein.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Focus on strength training.... lift heavy 3 - 4 days per week and get in the cardio when you can, but you don't need excessive cardio sessions.

edit to add:
    losing the jiggle comes from building muscle! lifting heavy builds muscle! Cardio exercises can and will break down muscle. So, you can cardio til the cows come home, but you will still be soft. You have to build muscle to firm up!

This!!!!

I still have my curves, they are just less jiggly!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Thank you all for your responce.

The carbs I am terrible with is because of fruit I take in vegetables with my lunch and have some servings of fruit before, during and sometimes after luch so that breaks me.

For weight lifting Im doing Chalean so I think it would be safe to try and stick with her workout more and not worry too much about cardio except maybe once or twice a week?