2»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5-0 Astros lets GOOOOO

Feeling less stress yet? LOL!

But seriously, don't count LA out yet. Except for 1 inning they've had runners in scoring position in every inning and they could actually be ahead.

Problem for LA is what the Astros did last night - - left too many runners on base. 8 so far and at least 4 or 5 of them in scoring position. Astro pitching has been shaky but have been able to get the outs went it has counted so far.

From the look of it, they should have started Kershaw again. Darvish had nothing again and gave up 5 (1 more than in game 3) in less than 2 innings. Kershaw was doing good until the 6th but the Astros have not scored on him yet. Astros just left the bases loaded and Kershaw got off the hook.

Even so, it's going all Houston's way so far. Just hope it continues. Just 3.5 innings to go.
  • KetoPhillip
    KetoPhillip Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    5-0 Astros lets GOOOOO

Feeling less stress yet? LOL!

But seriously, don't count LA out yet. Except for 1 inning they've had runners in scoring position in every inning and they could actually be ahead.

Problem for LA is what the Astros did last night - - left too many runners on base. 8 so far and at least 4 or 5 of them in scoring position. Astro pitching has been shaky but have been able to get the outs went it has counted so far.

From the look of it, they should have started Kershaw again. Darvish had nothing again and gave up 5 (1 more than in game 3) in less than 2 innings. Kershaw was doing good until the 6th but the Astros have not scored on him yet. Astros just left the bases loaded and Kershaw got off the hook.

Even so, it's going all Houston's way so far. Just hope it continues. Just 3.5 innings to go.

6 more outs. Going to be tough.
  • sgt1372
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Congrats, Keto!

Morton was great in relief. Couldn't be happier and more relieved that your Astros beat LA to win their 1st WS. They really earned it.

You can sleep well tonight. ;)
  • KetoPhillip
    KetoPhillip Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I honestly never thought I see them win it in my lifetime. Lets go, WORLD CHAMPS HOUSTON ASTROS
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I honestly never thought I see them win it in my lifetime. Lets go, WORLD CHAMPS HOUSTON ASTROS

Enjoy it! I'm happy for you and other Astros fans.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Astros been driving me crazy this week. All my healthy habbits have gone out the window and dont I regret it at all. LETS GO ASTROS!

Are you kidding, with all the really stressful situations going on in the country and the world you let a baseball game control your eating habits?
    Oh please. If you're a fan of a team that has NEVER won a championship and it comes down to this last series, then I can see how it can be stressful when you want them to win so bad.

People can't control their eating habits when things are good. So your analogy is very subjective.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Bye dodgers go kitten yourselves.

signed,

giants fan
    (3/5)
    So agree with this! And there was some ORANGE in there to put it to the Dodgers!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• sgt1372
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As a side note, it was great to see Don Newcombe (90) and Sandy Koufax (82) throw out the 1st balls in the game 2nite. Respect to 2 great pitchers, even though they were Dodgers.

Didn't see Newcombe pitch b4 he left the Dodgers in 58 when the Dodgers and Giants both moved to the west coast but I saw more than enough of Koufax who (along w/Podres and Drysdale) almost always stuffed the Giants' hitting during the 60's - - a team that had 3 HOF position players and batters - - Mays, McCovey and Cepeda.

However, it was also gratifying see the old timers on the Astros - - Beltran (20 yrs) , Verlander (13 yrs) and McCann (13 yrs) - - finally win a ring. It just goes to prove how hard it is to win a WS.

Many HoFers went an entire career w/o winning one. At least Verlander and Beltran have a good chance of making it to the Hall having won at least one.

Congrats to them for that too!
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!