High carb Low protein diet

Options
Is there anyone else on a high carb low protein diet/lifestyle out there? I average about 70%carb 20%fat and 10%protein. I know there are several people out there that are opposite...but I was wondering if anyone else does well on this too here on mfp.

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    mmapags asks a good question. How many grams of protein are you getting?
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    No one here it is trying to debate you, fyi. But maybe give this a look:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-per-day#section2

Depending on your calorie goal, your fats could be a little low too. Do you like avocado?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    10% of 2000 calories is 200 calories of protein. Now I know OP is vegan but just for reference 200 calories of lean chicken breast is 44g. And that's protein dense. Not that I'm against carbs, I'd probably pretty happily eat a very carb heavy diet if it wasn't in total opposition to my body composition and healthy into old age goals.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, that's pretty close to my breakdown. I've made a conscious decision to up it over the last couple of months, but I'm usually 15-20%, with some days coming in at less than 10%. OP, are you actually vegan, or just don't like meat as much?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    OP, you may want to post in the Intros sub forum as well, you might have more success. Given the subject of this area of the forum it's inevitable people are going to comment on recommended nutritional minimums.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    _AshLynn wrote: »
    Is there anyone else on a high carb low protein diet/lifestyle out there? I average about 70%carb 20%fat and 10%protein. I know there are several people out there that are opposite...but I was wondering if anyone else does well on this too here on mfp.

Not me.

However, I also don't believe in high protein diets.